Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Comments/Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 845846847848849 1124>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:16pm
I like how you seamlessly link dropped in that sentence LOLClap

but OMG.. just reading the first 2 paragraphs and the list of contents effected a bit of a physiological change in me...my heart.

sh*t looks intense Stern Smile.. those are the types of jobs people tell me they have and I'm like "BUT WHAT DO YOU DO everyday"

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:19pm
But it seems like you'll be rich, and so my advice (which maybe no one should take financial advice from me?) would be gone head and take out the loans if you need to. You'll pay it back in no time with a job like that

Oh also, colleges/universities can be difficult to get on as a full time professor, but adjunct jobs for side money aren't hard to get... but if you're not into academia, cool. But, just..dont be discouraged by the thought that it's hard to get hired.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

It's ok, I'll probably owe 2 millionCryUnhappy
The problem is, I don't want to be in school that long, also I'm not planning on going into Academia so I was told a PhD could actually hold me back (not sure how true that is). I can get itno a better schoo if I don't apply to PhD programs.

I hope I can wheasel my way into a research assistanship, or become a TA/grader. Also, I hear private schools give more grants. IDK idk 
From what I hear, a PhD in a field where a masters will do makes some employers think you are 'over qualified' and more likely to leave. Not sure how it works in the hard sciences though.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:23pm
I hope I get rich. But Im black so you know my employmet rate could be worse than a white person with a criminal record. lol (by smdh at the same time).

Thank you though, you make a good point about a PhD. I probably will have to take out loans if I get a masters (realistically), I just hope I don't regret it.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:30pm
If the school you want to go to is close by your parents, you could live with them for the 2 years and just do some part time side work to have a little spending money.. take out just the amount of loans you need for tuition to minimize the debt.

But  if you do decide to get the PhD, making the whites on the job call you Dr. Rose would be fun
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:34pm
That would be nice though, damn.

Another related question, Do you think Affirmative Action play a part in grad school? I feel like possibly, some schools want to look diverse in STEM so they will offer me money to attend. This could be a pipe dream though. lol

ETA: Im def going to apply to schools with a "commitment to diversity." whatever the hell  that means. lol

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Aug 27 2014 at 10:39pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:41pm

LMAOO OMG @ the intro of the "hip hop dancers"... susan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:44pm
Yeah definitely try that. I don't have too much anecdotal evidence to offer you on that, cause none of my closest friends went to grad school Cry lol

(Or the ones I do know went to HBCUs.. or we're not close enough for me to know the story behind their admittance)

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:45pm
My advice would be to apply to as many as possible, and to not play around and send them half-completed packets (like missing letters of rec, or transcripts etc)

Also, applying costs monayyy.. so save up so that you won't feel overwhelmed and feel like you need to make choices when the time comes.

How close are you to graduation/application time?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:48pm
Applications are due this winter. I graduate in May. And I havent taken the GRE yetCry

fee waivers are the move. But even sending the gre costs money.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Aug 27 2014 at 10:48pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 845846847848849 1124>