Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Comments/Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 493494495496497 1058>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:49pm
Talk to your personal Banker LB.
Wherever you have your checking account.

I ain't trying to be broke forever so I'm starting small

You can start with as little as 2% per pay period for retirement though before taxes.
That's not hard and they snatch it before you get it so it's painless

And a small savings that a small portion of your direct deposit goes into even like 50 bucks
Get a credit union in conjunction to your major bank if you're like me and bad with money there is a strong desire to mess with it.
So keep it separated plus credit unions have better interest rates

Edited by jonesable - Jun 15 2014 at 6:54pm
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:54pm
Ok I'll look into that Jones.. doesn't sound so bad.

My job has something where if youre there for 5 yrs, they'll match what you put into it.. but I dont even know what it is.. I dont think I've elected to put anything into it.. idk.. I need to get my life. My lack of knowledge in this area should be embarrassing since I like to know a little about everything. LOL

No excuses, I'm making a change soon
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:57pm
Omg it's 8 and I've done nothing I said I was going to do.

I AM going to be broke forever.
My procrastination is a prollem
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:57pm
Ok the credit union thing is a good idea. Becauuuuseee,,.. I have a Bank of America checking and savings. Each time I put a chunk of money into my savings. I end up dragging it back out within the next month or so. Part of it is because I'm randomly selecting an amount to put in without figuring out if I'm gonna need it

But if I do a percentage into a separate bank, it might be easier

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:01pm
every time i drink a lot… or drink regularly for some days.. i really really crave oysters…. 

i just got home and i think im about to go back to a restaurant for some oysters.. and im not even hella hungry.. but i feel so parched and like the only thing that will help is oysters.. 

the sucky thing about it is that the liquid is important.. so its not really something you can take to-go… and i dont see me being able to eat like half of a dozen (which is how most places sell them) 
after i cut myself last time.. i dont really care to just buy some from the grocery store and shuck them myself… plus i dont think i clean them good enough.. and i need an oyster knife. 
i think im gonna go… 
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:10pm
the markets are so ugly on sunday's. i'll be back tues.

jr.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:45pm
Coco is gross
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:52pm
I hate when people confuse me for a high a schooler and comment on how I look like a baby but I just went through my mom's(bio) and she could easily pass for early 30s. She looks a good 15 years younger than her age so I know one day I'll embrace my youthful look.
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

OK I'm officially starting my no buy month.
I don't buy anything that isn't a necessity or already apart of my fixed monthly spending.

None at all.
OK let's see how this goes.

I won't have that for awhile either but a girl can dream and push LB! Damn

I went a overboard with my spending this weekend. Nothing purchased was needed. 
I'm going to do the no spending besides necessary food/gas/etc. also. I'll start tomorrow.
It would be great to have a budget/savings accountability thread. You're right, every dollar saved counts.

Edited by kerysdream7 - Jun 15 2014 at 10:35pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:40pm
yall are gonna miss the remainder of the Bath and  Body Works semi-annual sale with the "no spending" plan though...

Unless of course it's part of your monthly fixed spending..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 493494495496497 1058>
  Share Topic