BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Comments/Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 732>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:42am
if i have kids… there has never even been a question of public vs. private.. 

i was looking at a 7th graders work and on one side it basically said what a verb is.. and on the other it was like 10 sentences with the verb circled Geek
im pretty sure we were doing that at like 4th or 5th grade.. i thought kids were progressing and becoming more advanced… 

if for some reason im cursed to not be able to afford private school.. ill work with them relentlessly to be better. 
even though i was in private school half of the time.. i had tutors and after school learning things.. 
my kids will probably have that too.. i refuse. 

Edited by coconess - Apr 17 2014 at 10:43am
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:53am
i want to bump my 50 most expensive private schools in the US thread.. i felt like it didnt get enough pages.. 

and i wanna ask ITD how many blacks were at her school.. 
i guess i could google 
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:04am
my mother always told me that the playing field wasn't equal. My siblings went to private school, I always went to public. I didn't wanna go to prep school

when I moved in 5th grade my other public school was struggling with multiplication. I learned a lot in my public elementary school, all around education
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:06am

bump it

I know there are awesome public schools out there but you have to live in the right neighborhood

I'm not sure how living in the right neighborhood compares to paying for private school though

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 17 2014 at 11:14am
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:07am
it annoys me how many dumb and basic hair care questions people ask on a hair board they've been a member of for 7 years fckin around in TTT instead of getting some damn conditioner
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:14am

lmao
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:17am
Good Morning…
My FIL --- is old and forgetful.
I like public school only because of my area…
I went to both and I was never really into school--- I did for my parents. I love to party and play--- I know only children problems.
Why pay extra Coco…? Teach at home and tutors… If you start right ---young (2 and up) and if s/he loves to learn they will most likely attend magnet school with specialized courses. My son corrects my English already meh… Now, I understand the importance of education.
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:20am
Ming... this is so true... I'm on BHM to learn how to care for my hair and my son's.
The ladies on here have been so helpful.
My son hair in the past would get so dry sometimes and I did not know what to do
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:24am

While controlling for SES eliminated most public school/private-school differences in achievement test scores, it did not eliminate differences in the most widely used test of developed abilities, the SAT. (As I explained more fully here, developed abilities are those nurtured through schoolwork, reading, engaging a piece of art, and any other activities that spark critical thinking. Developed abilities aren't inborn traits but honed competencies, more akin to athletic skill gained through practice rather than raw IQ. By contrast, achievement tests measure the amount of material students have committed to memory in any particular field.) Combined with high-school grades, SAT scores are the best predictor of how kids will do in their freshman year of college. And the data in the new study shows that private-school students outperform public-school students on the SAT.

Isn't that just because richer private-school kids can afford to be coached more before the SAT? No — remember that this study carefully controlled for socioeconomic status. Rather, it appears private schools do more to develop students' critical-thinking abilities — not just the rote memorization required to do well on achievement tests.

In short, today's study shows that sending your kid to private school — particularly one run by a holy order like the Jesuits — is still a better way to ensure that he or she will get into college. Just don't expect all education experts to agree.

AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:25am
My middle school scored so high on state test that we were the only middle school awarded a blue ribbon the following year. I've never noticed a difference between my HS and our rivals versus the private schools as far as academics but the inner-city schools always performed terribly. I think area is key in choosing a school district and it sucks how out inner-city schools get treated.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 732>
  Share Topic