Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Comments/Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 950>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:28pm
I'm hoping they're just promoting it cause it's new..But you could be right. They may have mass produced them thinking they'd be a winner, but they failed in the test stores and now it's too late. I believe I smelled it a few weeks in when it was just in a mason jar, but idr what it smelled like.

Do you alter your wigs alot?

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:32pm
Ugh..so, I always have photic sneezing (sneeze from bright lights and Sun light). They say it's from a mix up in the brain bc the two sensors/mechanisms whatever are close in proximity....But lately it's been making me feel like I'm about to vomit too. I wonder if THAT mechanism is close by. If I get to the point where I start gagging, that'll suck

I also think it's somehow related to these mini blackouts I have while driving (especially in bright days). It's like this instant, incredible feeling that I can't stay awake..But it makes my face feel like I'm about to sneeze as it's happening. I haven't been able to find info on this :(
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:37pm
That sounds scary, lb.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:41pm
i dont have much experience with these kinds of wigs LB.. because i want dependable hair and to be able to alter color if i want.. and not have to worry about plucking like crazy and all that extraness.. 
i would usually get a 12x5 frontal made with my hair i send in and very specific density.. then get a wig made with tracks in the back or make it myself. 

part of the reason why im struggling with my next wig choices (i have a list of 5 looks i want) is cus ill need to alter and idk whos hair is really virgin or whos hair will hold up or not tangle/shed and all that.. 

that sneezing thing is very very very very interesting lb… never heard of it. have you asked colleagues/doctors about it? 
sounds a little scary too (blackouts) 

Edited by coconess - Mar 30 2014 at 2:45pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:43pm
Thats the scary part, bleaching knots is enough, having to tweeze and almost make a new hairline is irking. I kinda like the closure and weft look better but its less parting space. Maybe I will order a frontal but that will take some investigating. 

the only ones halfway passable on bestlace wigs are that water wave and the "beyonce" curly one but only after you get it shaped by a pro. Other than that it looks like a bushy mop.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:45pm
wig looks i want: 
a bob
somethin a pretty burgundyish color 
wavy or curly 
full bangs 
kinky curly (that closure they sent made me want it) 

Ive never had any of the above except for wavy/curly.. i need more versatility. i wont let my baldheadedness limit my looks. 
ill make one of the above brownish. and one brown with lighter brown areas or ombre.. one or two black.
i have 2 (color #2) yaki's right now.. i might turn the rpg into the bangs look. or maybe the bob but i think i like that i have a wearable length yaki then a stripper length one too. maybe ill trade the stripper yaki for stripper indianish… 
decisions decisions 

Edited by coconess - Mar 30 2014 at 2:59pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:47pm
What colors are you considering? I want you to do burgundy still. I know my dream of buying a kinky straight or kinky curly wig and bleaching it blonde is a terrible idea too bc of all the extreme processing :(

Naw, I haven't asked my doctor..But i have a feeling she wouldn't know. I mean they say the photic sneezing affects up to 35% of the population..But since it's not really a problem, it seems most doctors wouldn't know much about it..other than maybe that it's common in babies and not harmful. But im gonna ask her next time. Maybe a neurologist would know more about it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:49pm
Oh ok good you're gonna do burgundy!

Pg, so..no straight hair from best lace?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Thats the scary part, bleaching knots is enough, having to tweeze and almost make a new hairline is irking. I kinda like the closure and weft look better but its less parting space. Maybe I will order a frontal but that will take some investigating. 

see i never really had to do much altering like that.. im not about that life. id probably mess it up. 

but if you get your frontal custom i think you'll like it.. sounds wiggy looking but its the exact same as closure. 
i specified my density down to the hairline, temples, crown, then throughout the rest… but im anal about density.. a stock might look fine on you. 

instead of getting all these wigs i might just try to find someone else to make the frontals… maybe get like 3 frontals and 3 wigs.

Edited by coconess - Mar 30 2014 at 2:52pm
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 3:00pm
My boss just gonna ignore my text asking for my hours

Ohh ok.

Welp...I'm just gonna assume I'm in at 11. Fck it.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style