Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Comments/Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 1059>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:00pm
So, now that it's been an hour..How much have you done on your resume?
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:01pm
2 hours actually

Today is moving fast, but not fast enough
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:11pm
lol.. nothing… i did at least open the document though.. a few hours ago. 

ill start now. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:20pm
thanks samone
I appreciate the tips.. but i meant like.. you guys literally getting me a job (if youre a manager, or have seniority and could talk to your supervisors). 
unless you know people in nor cali i dont think thats possible.. 

i am looking for the easy route tbh but realistically im going to have to just do like most people.. be focused, committed, and persistent.. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:28pm
Ok cool coco. I sure hope you're done by the time I get off work. I'll be leaving a little early today if all goes as planned. Get it together! So even if you don't feel like applying yet, at least you're ready to when you feel like it

I saw this quote the other day Written on a dry erase board ..something like "you don't have to see the whole stair case to take the first step"

I liked the intentions of it . I think it was for weight loss
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:34pm
LB, im ready to start applying.. due to health things a few times this semester i had to withdraw from my classes.. i feel like i really need to be doing something productive. im just lazy and a procrastinator and a choosy beg r though. 

ill be done before you get off.. only cus you said that though and asked me about it.. my goal was to do this yesterday and i kept putting it off..  smh. 
and yea i like that quote.. i need more motivation. 

thanks samone. good luck to you too.. i know youve disliked your job for a while now.. that has to really suck. 

Edited by coconess - Apr 08 2014 at 12:37pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:02pm
Ming Ill do a drive by and see you if I come to NY this summer, have your heels and stuff ready to hit the museums

do you guys pick outfits according to hair or do I officially have too much time on my hands Cry

like when I wear a middle part and long straight, its skinny jeans, cute top or a short dress and heels
or
curly is my boho style top, pants and tory birch flats or something like that

lawd and my Tamar hair is as questionable as the hair Confused
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:04pm
coco have you looked into being a executive assistant, some are entry level , pay pretty decent and have perks like they pay my cousins cell phone bill, she got a Mac laptop, and a gas card. 

Edited by Princess Grace - Apr 08 2014 at 1:05pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:20pm
pg, ive looked at those job descriptions but like the other admin jobs they want like 2 years of experience and i have none in admin.. at least the jobs i saw.. 

im gonna start looking again and be more persistent. and if i ever get a call for an interview that'll be more incentive to quickly learn all about excel and powerpoint.. 
i think i put that i was proficient in microsoft office on my cover letter or resume anyways.. 

i think id like executive assistant cus im leaning more towards a business career now.. but idk..
(as long as the manager isnt a bossy ass… i walked out of my last jobs cus i cant deal with certain things…) 

Edited by coconess - Apr 08 2014 at 1:22pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:23pm
Not all coco...

register with Kelly services and get some temp office working as a receptions then apply for the assistant jobs. They just want to know that you can answer the phone, handle microsoft outlook, and keep up with the usual office stuff.

Ill also ask my bff when the next time pg& e is hiring, you just missed cal trans 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 1059>
  Share Topic