Perfect Hair Collection

Ran across this on FB.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ran across this on FB.....
    Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:35pm
I saw a lot of Native American pages responding to their take and feelings on Thanksgiving. They were telling the REAL history of the "holiday" (nothin' wrong with that Thumbs UpClap). This was the response from one of the pages....enjoy!:

PLEASE READ:

Let's not turn another holiday into grounds for negativity and bashing. I have seen a lot of posts today about Native Americans and Pilgrims, and I can say there is a great deal of miseducation here. These stories are much like people believing that the medieval scholars thought the Earth was flat. It's untrue. A popular myth, even taught in schools.

The pilgrims in plymouth, were not the first Europeans colonizing the U.S. The pilgrims were a rag tag bunch of religious radicals who were persecuted for their protestant path. Though this group only made up a portion of the ships passengers. There were about 100 people on the Mayflower. Many worked or were indentured servants, and not pilgrims at all, like my ancestors. The first year the Mayflower band faced a particularly grueling winter which killed 50% of their party. The Wampanoag tribe was intstrumental in teaching the English how to survive the brutal weather, and later how
to sew and harvest crops. Miles Standish, military advisor of the new feeble colony formed a lasting friendship with Squanto and his tribe which lasted for 50 years.

A "thanksgiving" is a religious ceremony, and 1621 was certainly not the first. Pilgrims reject all church holidays and instead celebrate days of fasting and days of giving thanks. When a blessing is recieved, a day of Thanksgiving is declared. This particular day of thanks was to commemorate the blessing of the natives, and the bountiful harvest with the hope to survive the winter. It is likely that this also coincided with the Wampanoag's harvest traditions.

Yes it is true, the English unknowingly brought smallpox into villages when they distributed blankets, a gesture of kindness. The trouble for the Wampanoag's began several years later, when the colonies began to grow, and more ships, brought more settlers, and missionaries.

I will say something taboo. I am white, I am caucasian, and I am proud. I am not responsible for the stereotypes of my race, and neither should I be ashamed of my heritage. I will not be labeled by the color of my skin, and will not take kindly to my ancestors being villified. Let us STOP demonizing one, to romanticize the other. Scores by the thousands of innocent people were slaughtered by Native Americans in my homestate. Natives fighting natives, natives torturing and killing children. WE ARE ALL PEOPLE. Land is not to be owned. When it is, there it is that men kill for power, no matter the color of their skin, or their geography. If I do not belong in America, and must retreat to the european North, than so too must the native Americans return to Asia. And eventually will we all find ourselves in Africa once again. We are brothers and sisters. Choosing sides propels fighting and hatred to sprial on infinitely. Let us forgive. Let us see good. Let us choose to see tiny moments of beauty, and tenderness, and love, in the midst of a world gone mad.

Sponsored Links

Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:38pm
Oh
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:43pm
I explicitly take the time to share the real meaning of thanksgiving on social media sites and blogs. I'm glad you did on this board.

Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, Revised and Updated Edition

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:45pm
White people are sooo annoying.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:47pm
I wanna hear this guy TRY spin slavery.... iT'S COMING UP NEXT WATCH
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

White people are sooo annoying.

They are Sang.......they REALLY are!
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:48pm
Stern Smile
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:51pm

I hate how they want everyone to forget what was done to them and start fresh and new. I feel a new white revolution coming.  They're tired of pretending to be ashamed

Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:54pm
White Power!

Stern Smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:54pm
I just LMAO@ they "unknowingly" gave smallpox. Yeah, just like they "unknowingly" raped, murdered, tortured my people in slavery for 400 years. Bish please.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>