Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rainbow Hair | Brazilian Loose Wavy Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
PinkieB010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkieB010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rainbow Hair | Brazilian Loose Wavy Review
    Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:19pm
Hey yall! I haven't posted on here in a hot minute, but I thought I'd drop in and share this review with you guys.

So I was sent some hair back in December to review by this Aliexpress company called Rainbow Hair. I had purchased from them back in 2012 and posted about it on here and I loved that hair! Anyway, they saw my video and sent me their Brazilian Loose Wavy hair in the lengths 20/20/22 with a 14" closure.

First look video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhbviaRsIYE

The hair felt superrrr soft, but the ends needed to clip. They were dry and straggly and I hate that, but that was a small fix. So I installed it on a dome cap and made it into a closure wig. I didn't color the hair or anything because based on my experience with their body wave hair, I assumed the hair would color just as well. Besides, I wanted this to be my go-to black wig lol. This is the hair in it's natural state:

After I took these pictures I wore the hair straight or in flexi-rods the rest of the way.

Recently, I did a braid out on the hair because I was bored with the same old hairstyle with it and I loved it! It also added a lot of texture to the hair as well. This lasted for 2 days.

Overall, I gave it a 7. Here's why:

Pros: super soft, holds flexi-rod curls well, closure is flawless (just has fly-aways, it wasn't a deal breaker for me but it may be for some), lots of body, curling iron curls hold for a decent amount of time (use product if you want all day wear), 3 bundles will be enough for a sew-in, but because I installed this on a wig with little to no spacing I needed a 4th bundle, although the hair sheds when you detangle it - it doesn't thin out surprisingly.

Cons: the nape tangles up a lot, I wouldn't recommend this texture as a sew-in because I'm pretty sure it will matte in the back unless you are consistently putting oil on the nape, because of the tangling - when you are detangling the hair it will shed, the ends needed to be trimmed - this wasn't a deal breaker for me but I don't like to do it especially since I'm losing length and I love long hair

Final Review Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt_AExRxmQg

In case anyone wants to purchase this hair or any other hair from their store, you can use my code "PinkieB010" for $5 off. 

Any other questions, you guys know you can ask me! :)
Sponsored Links

pinkdiemond View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkdiemond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:31pm
thanks for the review......u favor another old poster on here
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 2:33am
It's something about that hair that makes me never wanna try it....it just doesn't look "yummy" & "luscious" to me lol
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:30am
Originally posted by iChinaaBanks iChinaaBanks wrote:

It's something about that hair that makes me never wanna try it....it just doesn't look "yummy" & "luscious" to me lol

You are in timeout. Go to the corner now! Lol
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

You are in timeout. Go to the corner now! Lol

2ndtimearound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimearound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:49am

I must agree, it looks dry almost "synthetic like", but maybe its from the pics, lighting etc.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 9:04am
Originally posted by 2ndtimearound 2ndtimearound wrote:

I must agree, it looks dry almost "synthetic like", but maybe its from the pics, lighting etc.

*exits*
Didn't anything "rainbow" have a ton of bad reviews? LOLOLOL
stay away from all things sunny and rainbow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkieB010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:09pm
The ends were dry but the hair itself wasn't, just low in lustre. 

My experience with Rainbow hasn't been bad, but I do prefer the bodywave rather than the loose wave. 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 5:15am
Originally posted by PinkieB010 PinkieB010 wrote:

The ends were dry but the hair itself wasn't, just low in lustre. 

My experience with Rainbow hasn't been bad, but I do prefer the bodywave rather than the loose wave. 

I think it's a great install nonetheless. Clap & you're pretty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkieB010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:54pm
thank you hun! :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Gear Best
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
HairCanada.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic