Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Radio host blames single mom's for gay kids.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*Looks around nervously* Fine den! lol

I think a lot of it has to do with religion.

Not saying other ethnic groups don't have issues with sexuality, gender, etc but....yeah.

I would agree specifically with Christianity, since so much in general is vilified - beyond homosexuality.

But at the same time I know there are some societies that aren't under the same "moral compass" as Christianity and they also tend to be somewhat homophobic or not too keen to acknowledge it.

For example, Japan. Whereas being sexually active isn't vilified to the same level as say the US because it's not a Christian based society, homosexuality still isn't something that's widely accepted in the mainstream. 
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:08am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

*Looks around nervously* Fine den! lol

I think a lot of it has to do with religion.

Not saying other ethnic groups don't have issues with sexuality, gender, etc but....yeah.

I would agree specifically with Christianity, since so much in general is vilified - beyond homosexuality.

But at the same time I know there are some societies that aren't under the same "moral compass" as Christianity and they also tend to be somewhat homophobic or not too keen to acknowledge it.

For example, Japan. Whereas being sexually active isn't vilified to the same level as say the US because it's not a Christian based society, homosexuality still isn't something that's widely accepted in the mainstream. 

hmmmLamp
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:17am
Thanks Y'all.Smile

I would think Japan would be more open. Hmph.

I wonder where such one dimensional attitudes about sexuality stem from? Where's elegant MM with his graphs, studies and abstracts?

OT: Is it me or is posting on here getting harder and harder?
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:27am
I don't think atheists are really uniformed thinkers as most people would think. There are plenty of atheist who are homophobic.

Edited by f8dagrate - Jun 16 2013 at 5:37am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:28am

Thanks Y'all.Smile

I would think Japan would be more open. Hmph.

I wonder where such one dimensional attitudes about sexuality stem from? Where's elegant MM with his graphs, studies and abstracts?

OT: Is it me or is posting on here getting harder and harder?
no problem. i was hoping to use my warriors gif though.  

my feminist self attributes the concept to men who wrote religious texts with/by a god in their image and in their favor. then they went forth and spread the good word-- where they could. i wonder what accounts for the difference in attitude toward the mediterranean. 

to the bolded: ugh-- [the ten]hell i hope[/commandments] 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:39am
^LOL

Neka, I can get with that theory. I need a women/gender studies major to come in here and drop some knowledge *Shines bat signal to get Concrete in here*

F8, mais oui! I have not ran into any in my small circle of atheist/agnostic folk *but* I do not doubt for a moment they exist. If I met one, they'd probably make my eye twitch lol.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:52am

^LOL

Neka, I can get with that theory. I need a women/gender studies major to come in here and drop some knowledge *Shines bat signal to get Concrete in here*
in a similiar vein--  i wish i could remember the book, but (years ago) a teacher was mentioning that he had read an interesting text that had to do with the move from "women" centered healing (spiritual, herbs/potions, healers) to a more "male" (mathematical, hard medical science) approach and how the former was then branded dark arts and witch craft. 

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

I don't think atheists really uniformed thinkers as most people would think. There are plenty of atheist who are homophobic. 
oh most def. just like there are racist atheists somewhere. 

i'm just of the belief that religion has had a bigger head start and further reach than atheism. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 4:08am
Homosexuality actually is accepted to some degree in Japan.  For example, same sex households are recognized...you just can't have a homosexual wedding in Japan.  Homosexual sex is accepted to a degree--just hang out on a Saturday night at Shinjuku Ni-chome for proof.  The only thing is that it is not considered something a lot of people take seriously and parents expect their gay children to marry people of the opposite sex and reproduce.  Those who are out are widely accepted, but usually as outlandish caricatures of gays.  The word for these types of gays is "okama" and it is seen as a pejorative term among anyone who is a caricature.  There are even gay pride parades in Tokyo.

It is both accepted and not accepted, but in a completely different way than it is in the west.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 5:11am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Am I dreaming?
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Morris Chestnuts Morris Chestnuts wrote:

Yall supposedly hate this guy so much but continue to post his material on here
lord make it stop.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions