Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Racist who tried to Adopt Sudan babies 4 Art

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Girl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racist who tried to Adopt Sudan babies 4 Art
    Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 10:39pm
"I created DONDA- which is a context experience and product company... I'm actually working with Vanessa Beecroft who is actually a performance artist that comes from the art world." -Kanye West, Ellen Show, Sept. 19

I know of Vanessa Beecroft. She creates racially charged art pieces where she often fetishes the black body or uses them as props/accessories in her work.

A film maker reviewed her in a documentary in 2008 when Beecroft went to Sudan and specifically wan
ted to adopt twin Sudanese babies so that she could photograph them for an art project:

The documentary explores Beecroft’s experiment in Sudan, in which she attempts to adopt two Sudanese orphans and use them as subjects in her work. Wise to theory, Beecroft says her adoption will be “not just fetishization of the blacks. It will be a beginning of a relationship with that country.” The film documents the significant gap between Beecroft's theory and her actions.

Upon her arrival in the Sudan, Beecroft hurries to set up a photo shoot, hiding the cameras from the orphanage's sisters, calling the babies “these poor creatures.” Which baby should she photograph? “Either one or the other,” she says, “it doesn’t matter.”
Repeatedly, Beecroft claims that she “loves this culture” — but, in the film’s most disturbing scene, sisters from the orphanage try to stop her from stripping the children nude inside their abbey for an elaborate photo shoot. Beecroft refuses, complains, starts shooting again, and eventually loses a physical confrontation with one of the sisters, who takes the children away from her, furious that Beecroft is stripping children naked inside a church. “Christ, these people,” Beecroft moans, as she barricades herself inside, pushing a pew up against the door to keep the sisters out of their own abbey.

Other images from Beecroft's performance "art." Kanye is working with her on his Yeezus tour among other projects.

She was the creative director behind Ye's Runaway video

The documentary shows Beecroft arranging 30 African women across a white floor , trailing red paint across their still bodies.

"Is it difficult to work with 30 black women?" a spectator asks. "Yes," Beecroft replies. "It is very stressful."

Her penchant for darkening the features of the models used in her work, the casual disregard for the environment she is in, and even her positioning as a white woman who wants to make the world aware of these issues plays into longstanding issues with neo-colonialism and racism.

1. She is an artist, interpreting the world as she sees it.
AND
2. That artists can be influenced by racism and colonialism, even as they are trying to make a statement about one of these topics. -Racialious.com

Art lovers--- Your thoughts...

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 10:45pm
that bitch
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 10:46pm
Whyte bytches ain't shyt. Raggedy ass pompous self-important bytches of a feather....fcuk her and Koonye.

And I need Africa stop letting them use the babies as toys/props.

Y'all can say no to white women Africa. Damn.

That's all I got....for real this time.

Edited by FarraFace - Nov 19 2013 at 11:00pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 10:50pm
White folks......I really wish they would go back to where ever the they came from.....
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 10:54pm
"Other images from Beecroft's performance "art." Kanye is working with her on his Yeezus tour among other projects. "DeadDead
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:00pm
I don't know why I clicked. The pure hate from her, Kanye, Lily Allen, Miley, Don Lemon, and everyone else is just too much.

I just need saturday to come so I can be away from this ish for a week.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:07pm
makes sense with the whole coonfederate flag he's been wearing
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:17pm
Disgraceful and Sickening
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:22pm
this is as bad as it gets...no one in the Sudan has a weapon they're interested in using?

i guess it really is time to just let go of all things Kanye...where do we go from here, Yeezy?
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:25pm
Did she get to adopt the babies?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style