Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rachel Jeantel's anger translators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rachel Jeantel's anger translators
    Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:09am
When she talks it seems a lot of people have a hard time understanding her. If she could talk how she wants and normally does what would she be telling the defense? My ebonics skills have never been put to better use. I feel what she said but a lot if people can't. They needed a black court reporter.
Sponsored Links

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:15am
About the pervert comment:
Trayvon considered GZ a pervert because he continuously followed him that night in a perverse, creepy way...

About the term cracka:
Yes, black ppl use the term "crackas" to describe yt's...it's nothing personal, it's not meant to be racist, it just describes an unfavorable encounter with a yt person...kinda like slavery

About TM approaching GZ:
I know for a fact Trayvon would've gotten off the phone w/me if he was gonna approach George...why? Because as a black person, we make it known that we're gonna fight someone..."hol' up, im abt to beat this crackas ass...lemme call you back"...

About wet grass:
Wet grass? It sounds like wet leaves...just imagine walking through a pile of leaves on a rainy day...same sh*t, different toilet.

About could've heard vs. could hear:
I said I "could hear Trayvon"...not coulda heard, not could've heard...I could hear. I have an accent that may not be understandable to uncultured ears, I wouldn't expect you to be able to decipher...

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Jun 28 2013 at 7:38am
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:26am
Excellent!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:41am
I think enough white Folk are putting her down . Read the Trayvon topic .The young lady mother was in a abusive realtionship during her childhood . She missed a lot school . We have no idea how it feels to talk about the death of a friend moments before he dies . Raise her up instead of talking about her like the Crazy azz crackers . I will leave your topic now out of respect for your right to post what you want . Broken Heart

Edited by india100 - Jun 28 2013 at 7:47am
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:43am
i would love to follow this trial but i really can't devote that time right now
i know some people are reviewing evidence and crimpro while watching 
and i go on my twitter to see what all my friends are saying
most are defending her
a couple are not
some are like this [english] is her 3rd language so cut it out

Edited by EPITOME - Jun 28 2013 at 7:44am
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:45am
I'm not criticizing her at all. The exact opposite. She should have had a translator just like the lady speaking spanish. No different.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:46am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Trayvon considered GZ a pervert because he continuously followed him that night in a perverse, creepy way...

About the term cracka:
Yes, black ppl use the term "crackas" to describe yt's...it's nothing personal, it's not meant to be racist, it just describes an unfavorable encounter with a yt person...kinda like slavery

About TM approaching GZ:
I know for a fact Trayvon would've gotten off the phone w/me if he was gonna approach George...why? Because as a black person, we make it known that we're gonna fight someone..."hol' up, im abt to beat this crackas ass...lemme call you back"...

About wet grass:
Wet grass? It sounds like wet leaves...just imagine walking through a pile of leaves on a rainy day...same sh*t, different toilet.

I said I "could hear Trayvon"...not coulda heard, not could've heard...I could hear. I have an accent that may not be understandable to uncultured ears, I wouldn't expect you to be able to decipher...

damn the shade she threwLOL
i heard that she was consistent but defense had her on the stand for hours and days and they said she might be called back again
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:46am
You know, I think this is my biggest problem with the debate over whether or not a black person "speaks proper English."  She speaks in a certain dialect that has been torn apart for centuries by whites.  I don't speak the dialect, but I understood every word she said and I was immediately able to understand what she meant.  To ME, she did articulate herself very well, but unfortunately, that doesn't translate to white people's ears, so they automatically assumed she was stupid, which is why she probably appeared so "hostile" and frustrated.  I think the only reason why I would suspect a learning disability is because she simply lacked a filter.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:49am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

About the term cracka:

About TM approaching GZ:

About wet grass:

damn the shade she threwLOL
i heard that she was consistent but defense had her on the stand for hours and days and they said she might be called back again

Pity, you would have loved her.  She told the defense attorney he was retarded for suggesting Trayvon would announce he was about to fight Zimmerman before getting off the phone with her. 
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

You know, I think this is my biggest problem with the debate over whether or not a black person "speaks proper English."  She speaks in a certain dialect that has been torn apart for centuries by whites.  I don't speak the dialect, but I understood every word she said and I was immediately able to understand what she meant.  To ME, she did articulate herself very well, but unfortunately, that doesn't translate to white people's ears, so they automatically assumed she was stupid, which is why she probably appeared so "hostile" and frustrated.  I think the only reason why I would suspect a learning disability is because she simply lacked a filter.

IA w/everything except the learning disability part...

Only because she's still in HS...although she's 19, she's still a child...

She has gone through a lot within the last year and a half, and now she's being badgered by this asshole of a defense atty who is trying to destroy her credibility and now the media...

I think for her age and the circumstances, her actions are just...she just needs help with remaining cordial under this type of pressure...I wouldn't say she was LD though...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>