BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rachel Jeantel & Black American English

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:33am
^Fine fine fine.LOL
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:36am
LOLCry Little ashbash was so annoyed.  Do you remember when you figured it out?  Were you like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:43am
CryCryAshbash...CryCry bless yo lil heart.CryCryCry
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:45am
One day I was singing it (around 14) and I was like, "rhythms doesn't make any sense, it must be river."  However, I don't recall when I realized that it was chasing and not Jason.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:57am
Okay you used logic.  Rivers and Lakes was a better matchThumbs Up  And chasing always did sound like Jason to keep it real and "Chasing Waterfalls" would only really be recognizable by a kid if they already knew the saying. 

My moms version would be "sit cho naive ass down".  She is a poet!!!
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:02am
Lmao your mother sounds like a hilarious woman. 
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

OMG @Kfoxx I didn't tell you the whole story.  I thought the line was "Don't go Jason Waterfalls, please stick to the rhythms and the lakes that your used to."  I hated the song because I thought it was so stupid that they didn't want a guy named Jason Waterfalls to leave them.

Omg I thought the exact same thing
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:20am
Is Madea short for mother dear?

Edited by Rumbera - Jul 27 2013 at 1:59am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:30am
i wonder what her spanish sounds like.. 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

if you're interested, def. go read all the research on AAVE. some ppl dismiss it, but it has a recognizable syntax structure and complex verb usage. i think one of the biggest debates is whether AAVE is really a dialact as opposed to a somewhat separate language.

NPR has a blog called "code switch" that is pretty good, and actually has (mostly) intelligent comments (on the actual blog, not the FB comments)

there's also a book called "Shifting" that talks about it in regards to AA women, but this was published before "code switch" became the recognized word, so its referred to as "shifting" in the book.

It's Ebonics plain and simple .. the language of (underclassed) AAs. Confused

Geesh, they have been trying to legitimize this language for the pass 30 years but to me it's the equal to a GED (a Good Enough Diploma) for Blacks or taking the 'little yellow bus' to school.

What .. they don't have to strive for excellence ... they can just speak their own 'special' language because that is 'Good enough' for Black folks. Duh! (in other words - they are not gonna do anything with their lives anyway so .. that's 'Good Enough'.

I don't see any 'Captains of Industry' or movers and shakers in the world that can only ... speak Ebonics.ConfusedIt's a dead end language.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jul 27 2013 at 2:42am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>