Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - R. Kelly and the Slow, Unfortunate Death of R&B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R. Kelly and the Slow, Unfortunate Death of R&B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:25am
i can't say kellz killed r&b because he is still putting out good old fashioned r&b albums. i co sign wonderland with a lot of new artists copying his blueprint of 'rap singing' and the others just going the pop techno route.

but there has been a lot of good r&b albums coming out lately. the new john legend album, donnell jones' new album and the TGT album stay in rotation, im just being honest.
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:27am
Well the music doesn't leave a lasting impression on me anymore or make me "feel" the same.  Don't know how to describe it but if I were getting married tomorrow I would have a really hard time picking a song from this era to represent the deep love I have for my partner.  I would have to skip a decade or so to strike the correct note. 

I feel like yt ppl have ruined our music.  Both by listening to it and by appropriating it.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:29am
Also no one really sings anymore just use voice changers thats why I love ariana grande and sevyn . Nobody gets judged by voice anymore.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:31am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Well the music doesn't leave a lasting impression on me anymore or make me "feel" the same.  Don't know how to describe it but if I were getting married tomorrow I would have a really hard time picking a song from this era to represent the deep love I have for my partner.  I would have to skip a decade or so to strike the correct note. 

I feel like yt ppl have ruined our music.  Both by listening to it and by appropriating it.

for our reception, my husband and I walked in with Sure Thing playing in the background lol

I was nervous because I had to "dance in"

we don't do that in my family and don't really dance in front of a lot of people sober, but I had to that day lol
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

for our reception, my husband and I walked in with Sure Thing playing in the background lol

I was nervous because I had to "dance in"

we don't do that in my family and don't really dance in front of a lot of people sober, but I had to that day lol

Post the song for me!  I want to picture you doing the soul train line down the aisleLOL

ETA:  I'm going to make a "Post your wedding song thread" so post it there!

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Nov 27 2013 at 9:54am
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This sums it up. Hell, you really can't play any type of new era slow jam/r&b song at any gathering anymore. Big booty hoes...eating coochie..suckin dicks..one night stands..its really a shame.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 10:07am
Ugh.  I cringe at gatherings because my nieces and nephews blast the raunchiest music while the kids are running around playing.   My niece tried to be funny talking about I wanted to play "Kool Mo Dee".  I said no you heffa, I just don't want to hear nobody talking about dck and pssy while these babies are out here talking about Beyblades.  My son is only 9, her daughter is 8!   We have a LOT of young kids on my husbands side of the family and I hate going to their parties.   This and the endless lighting of blunts usually prompts my very early exit from cookoutsDead

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Nov 27 2013 at 10:08am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 1:07pm
i love the r...his music that is...
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:05pm
different time, different generation. male r&b is dead. female r&b cant compare to what they was putting out in the 80s/90s. how many people can you name off the top of your head that was killing it back in the day? gerald levert, keith sweat, jodeci, joe, babyface or monica, brandy, total, swv, xscape. what we got now ? ciara and chris brown ?

maybe there might be a renaissance in a few years, but i dont see it.

> ....

Edited by bunzaveli - Nov 27 2013 at 3:06pm
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:13pm

man ...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>