Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Quvenzhane, The Onion & Black Femininity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

White women and feminism have not and will not come to the defense of black femininity and womanhood. Recognizing black women and girls as equal, thus worthy of protection, puts white women in danger as they would risk losing that all-too-precious pedestal they cling to while ignoring their privilege.

Business will go on as usual because no one, not even black men, values and respects our femininity enough to take on whiteness and the degrading forms of oppression it inflicts on black women and girls. Sure, they’ll be a few black male bloggers, pundits, actors and entertainers who take on The Onion. However, most black men–and women, to be honest–will go on as if the attack on Quvenzhane isn’t a reflection of how their own femininity isn’t respected by black men and society as a whole.

The Onion will go on because it knows all to well that society doesn’t give two sh*ts about black women. The Onion knows it will most likely walk away from this bullsh*t unscathed because black women and girls, our womanhood, our identity as black women and our femininity doesn’t belong to us and is fair game to be mocked and ridiculed as a form of entertainment for the masses.

LOL to the gif, but right on with the above statement.
Sponsored Links

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

did yall hear she's the new Annie? I think i will post it in her thread.  I wish her the best in her career. I pray she actually does not become a lindsey lohan or some other white trash drugged out
Hopefully her family is normal.

i hope so.Cry
or even if she decides to leave the acting world, as long as she is somewhat intelligent, with her professional achievements she can get into any school
This! I really want the best for her, she's so talented I know she will be successful in anything she does and I'm glad she's replacing Willow in the Annie remake!
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 1:17pm

did yall hear she's the new Annie? I think i will post it in her thread.  I wish her the best in her career. I pray she actually does not become a lindsey lohan or some other white trash drugged out

Will Smith and HOV are producers on the project 
I wonder if their will be a Hard Knock Life re do of some sort
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:45am
If you dislike this lil girl, I'm convinced there's something wrong with you

Seriously, how can you not like her? She's the cutest thing to have ever walked Heart

and she's gonna be great as Annie! I wasn't sure if she had a singing voice but she actually does
#toomuchtalent

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 11:22am

NOT FUNNY???.....Kevin Hart Dresses As 9 Yrs Old Oscar Nominee "Quvenzhane Wallis" On His Saturday Night Live Debut!! -- Video Inside

Posted by Futuristic Blogger on March 3, 2013 at 7:00am 12 Comments 5 Likes

Not Funny???.....Kevin Hart Dresses As Nine-year-Old Oscar Nominee "Quvenzhane Wallis" On His Saturday Night Live Debut!! -- In a mock Wolf Blitzer CNN report, complete with footage of the nine-year-old Oscar nominee as the new leader of the Catholic Church, it’s noted that she’s “the first African-American, the first female, and the first child Pope.” Wallis was played by “SNL” host Kevin Hart.

Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.

NOT FUNNY???.....Kevin Hart Dresses As Nine-year-old Oscar Nominee "Quvenzhane Wallis" On His Saturday Night Live Debut!! -- In a mock Wolf Blitzer CNN report, complete with footage of the nine-year-old Oscar nominee as the new leader of the Catholic Church, it’s noted that she’s “the first African-American, the first female, and the first child Pope.” Wallis was played by “SNL” host Kevin Hart.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:14pm
lmao...did he have a puppy purse?
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:40pm
First Amandla Stenberg now Quvenzhane Wallis. They keep going after the little black girls. Did Dakota Fanning ever have to deal with this or any little white actresses had to go through this? Smdh white america. 
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:42pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic