Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Quit job before having another lined up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 11:56am
It depends on how quickly you can find another job.  Some people can find another job in a matter of a few days, whereas if you work in a saturated field it could take months.

What are you going to graduate school for?
Sponsored Links

Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Can you quit in your state and receive unemployment? You said that you're injured...do you qualify for disability? That's the only way that I would do it if I had less than 6 months worth of expenses saved. 

You never know how long that it could take to find a new job. My sister quit her job because it was emotionally taxing and she felt free as a bird for the first two months. Then it sunk in that finding a job is no easy thing these days. She was out of work for eight months and she's an engineer Confused She took a job that was worse than the last one, but she got an offer four months after she started.

There's no guarantee that your next job will be any better. You want to walk into a better situation, which you can do when you have the financial leverage to do so. If you feel like it's something that you have to do, then do it, but be prepared.

See I did this too, but I didn't have a degree. This is especially eye opening seeing people with degrees not being able to find jobs. Shyyyyt I'll never do that ish again. If you are working in the field your degree is in and you can't handle this job.....what are you going to do in the future? It's good to have experience to go along with your education. I'm sure you can get a full time call center or retail type of job if you hate it that much.

This job is in my career field but there are plenty of other jobs in my career field also.

According to my boss (also a career chemist) this is the most unorganized and stressful job he's worked at. He says he comes in every day because its hilarious. Confused

He also says that if/when we (me and the other scientist on staff) move on to any other company it will be cake because we've been forged by these fires.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

It depends on how quickly you can find another job.  Some people can find another job in a matter of a few days, whereas if you work in a saturated field it could take months.

What are you going to graduate school for?

Neuroscience
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

You need to get out of there .. but do it in a smart way.

1 - line up your interviews with company A - Z within a set 2 week period

2 - call in 'sick' from this job for 2 weeks

3- with those 2 weeks - interview constantly

4- return to work week 3 and wait for the offers to come in

5- when you get an offer - accept it but tell them you cannot start until X day so that you can have a nice 2 week break between jobs.

If your FIELD is Chemistry and they had you doing baby work ... this would be career suicide.

Not coming at you but wouldn't she have to come up with a doctor's note if she is goin to use her sick days?  I know every organizations is different but some companies require a doctor's note if you are "sick" for more than three days.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic