Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quit job before having another lined up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:32pm
I done it before but the economy was different back then.  What I think you should do now is start networking and put the word out that you are looking for new opportunities.  If it is that dire, make sure you have enough saved up for a year or two before quitting.  In the mean time, start subbing or depending on your state, get your certification in pharmacy and get your license, assuming that you state doesn't require schooling (i.e. education in pharmacy technician) aside a high school diploma or GED.
Sponsored Links

melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:42pm
I used to quit jobs too in the past without another one lined but sometimes I would get lucky and find a few job right away, the economy was way better back then but I certainly wouldn't do that now. I think you should go to a employment agency on your days off and look for a new job before quitting the one you have.

Edited by melly - May 07 2014 at 2:45pm
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:56pm
Can you quit in your state and receive unemployment? You said that you're injured...do you qualify for disability? That's the only way that I would do it if I had less than 6 months worth of expenses saved. 

You never know how long that it could take to find a new job. My sister quit her job because it was emotionally taxing and she felt free as a bird for the first two months. Then it sunk in that finding a job is no easy thing these days. She was out of work for eight months and she's an engineer Confused She took a job that was worse than the last one, but she got an offer four months after she started.

There's no guarantee that your next job will be any better. You want to walk into a better situation, which you can do when you have the financial leverage to do so. If you feel like it's something that you have to do, then do it, but be prepared.

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 4:16pm
idk if this has been asked
but do you have enough money saved for the next 8 months at least to live off
I wouldn't do it if I did not have enough money to live off
if you are living paycheck to paycheck
do not do it 
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:13pm
I'm in the same boat. I hate my job, but I am planning to quit in August to return to school. I am going to stay with family members.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:18pm
I've done it before and didn't regret. Hell I've done it several times but I've always had more than enough money saved to live a very long time without a job. I am all about my sanity. If a job is not good for my health, I'm quitting.

I went to the hospital over chest pains which I thought was my heart but it was just some damn stress. Pissed me off to the max because I ended up owing the hospital A LOT OF MONEY just for those bastards to tell me to take it easy. Never again. I quit the next day.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:22pm
I only have 3 months of expenses save. That said, I do live at home and those expenses were calculated based on my living in an apartment.

I do not qualify for disability.

I am certainly not living paycheck to paycheck but I am no where near ballin either.
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:29pm
if you live at home
do you have any skills you can fall back on can you do hair, braids ect.
do you  know how to play a piano and can play for a church
can you do wedding photography... anything like that
and yes if you asking Awesome is hustling in these streets LOL
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

if you live at home
do you have any skills you can fall back on can you do hair, braids ect.
do you  know how to play a piano and can play for a church
can you do wedding photography... anything like that
and yes if you asking Awesome is hustling in these streets LOL

Babysitting, natural hair styling, or tutoring.

Though I hate every one of those lol

I'm really trying to stick it out at my current job as long as I can but its a struggle.

I have some vacation time coming up soon that I'm looking forward to.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:36pm
Would you be ok doing customer service work? Even if you did it part time? Its monies until you find something else....and they take everybody because they know people will quit eventually
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic