Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Quit job before having another lined up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

My daughters father is kind of in the same position. His job is so physical, he ending up getting another job, but it's nothing like hes used to. Sitting all day and its full time.. He doesn't want to leave the people he works for hanging so he's really like what should I do? He's like should he ask just to work once a month, or to take a leave of absence or just quit. Just so he can try the new job out.. It's a hard decision to make. I'd start looking for job immediately and try to stick it out until you're secure. Unless you just need a break and can afford it.

Yes lawd. I bought a fitbit to see how much I'm really doing at work. I'm averaging 50 to 60 flights of stairs a day (which led to my injury), climbing ladders, walking an average of 6 miles, picking up 50lb weights on a regular basis, all with layers of PPE and no air condition. It's freakin South Alabama! who doesn't have central air!?

I'm suppose to be sitting cool in somebodies lab. We don't even have chairs in our lab. (Big bish broke it and we never got a new one)

Wow see and he be having a lot to complain about at his job too. It's under construction, they ain't storing stuff correctly. He's the youngest one, all the other employees get paid more and watch him do all of the work, he works EVERY sunday. Just a whole bunch of BS, but he likes the people.. I think they're ratchet from what he tells me. & it's like yall are BOTH qualified to have a way better job cause you got a degree. I think its the comfort and the time you put in there that make you not want to leave. 

I'm the youngest at my job also. Actually the youngest person in the entire plant. 

Almost pisses me off when they tell me I aint suppose to be tired because I'm young. Or that young people aint suppose to get hurt. What world do yall live in where young people's bodies are invincible? 
Sponsored Links

thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:06pm
I agree with others don't do it until find another .. Job market is still tough .. We gotta a few temps at my job..maybe temping could be good until you find something concrete ...
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:11pm
You already have a bachelors?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

yes mam
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Only you know how much more you can take before going postal on their asses. It's always better to have a job to get a job but do what you have to do to preserve your sanity.
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Go with your gut. Just make sure you'll be able to support yourself still until you find another job if you do quit.
both of these. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:48pm

yes mam

I was going to suggest looking into substitute teaching, I did that between undergraduate and grad school. But it's the wrong time of year. Also think out of the box, I'm assuming you don't have children, this is the time you should be looking to move out of the state or even out of the country for a while while you don't have responsibilities.
Maybe you're in this position because the universe is trying to tell you it's time to spread your wings.

What will be your major in grad school? Not chemistry I hope?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:57pm

yes mam

I was going to suggest looking into substitute teaching, I did that between undergraduate and grad school. But it's the wrong time of year. Also think out of the box, I'm assuming you don't have children, this is the time you should be looking to move out of the state or even out of the country for a while while you don't have responsibilities.
Maybe you're in this position because the universe is trying to tell you it's time to spread your wings.

What will be your major in grad school? Not chemistry I hope?

My job search is definitely nationwide within reason. I would actually prefer to relocate.

Graduate major will be neuroscience. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:15pm
Good to hear you are looking to move. There's quite a few chemistry jobs in the northeast but frankly they will be temp jobs usually with no relocation and no benefits and the environment won't be all that different.

I'm kind of concerned because you seem not to enjoy working in a lab, your experience in the OP seems somewhat typical for this type of work.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:18pm
If you fed up and you can afford it then yeah.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:23pm

Good to hear you are looking to move. There's quite a few chemistry jobs in the northeast but frankly they will be temp jobs usually with no relocation and no benefits and the environment won't be all that different.

I'm kind of concerned because you seem not to enjoy working in a lab, your experience in the OP seems somewhat typical for this type of work.

I somewhat enjoy the lab work. It isn't particularly stressful or hard physically. 

I hate the quality assurance part of the job. Which is out of the lab and in the production room babysitting grown people. The mundane day-to-day of being a quality control chemist is mind numbing. I've been told that most work for chemist with only a BS is like this.

I need to get into research again so that I feel like I am making a difference and contributing to innovation. I worked in a research lab for three years during undergrad and loved it.

Edited by Samoneisthebest - May 06 2014 at 5:25pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style