Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Quit job before having another lined up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:16pm
I have totally walked out on several jobs, and because it was so spur of the moment I obviously did not have another lined up. I don't suffer fools well, and don't take nonsense from anyone. Fortunately for me in my Profession, jobs are not difficult to come by.

Good Luck.
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:25pm
how does this work relate to your degree?
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

how does this work relate to your degree?

Quality control chemistry. The tests are performed in a chemistry lab using analytical instrumentation.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Can you act like you just re-injured yourself and take 1.5 wks off from work as sick leave? Use the sick leave to apply for 100 targeted jobs in your area and in other areas and to reach out to former classmates & colleagues that are in your field to ask for their help with your job search. This is the worst time for you to quit b/c companies have just exhausted their hiring budgets by making job offers to undergrad & graduate students that complete their degrees in May 2014.

LOL They require documentation for all injuries, so I can't fake a new one. 

I got sent home today for some BS that aint got nothing to do with me. (Even my boss rolled his eyes) So I've been sending out resumes left and right. Six so far.

I did it before. Lined up an interview and secured the new job during the week and a half on sick leave. When you want a way out, you make a way out.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:59pm
I've done it before many times back in the day. But it's not recommended.

(resign not 'quit' --though I guess it's the same thing lol)

Edited by PurplePhase - May 06 2014 at 2:01pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:00pm
This isn't the job you were excited about is it? (maybe wrong poster)

Hope things work out. I think I would resign if it was interfering with my health and sanity though.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:02pm
the only job I ever quit (just left with no notice -- I hated to do it but ..) was when I worked at a Univ and they missed payroll. Welp..

eta: I had another job by the end of the week at IBM

Edited by PurplePhase - May 06 2014 at 2:25pm
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:25pm
I've done it plenty of times back in the day as well, when I was living with mommy LOL
But now as an adult with two kids and my own place, I have no choice but to stay where ever I don't want to be until something else comes into play. That's the responsibility that comes with being an adult lol. But if your still living at home with your mom and you explained your situation and she's okay with that then boo boo do you. Only you know what you deal with on a daily basis. Trust me if I could walk out I would till this day and couldn't nobody tell me a darn thing you feel me. 
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

My daughters father is kind of in the same position. His job is so physical, he ending up getting another job, but it's nothing like hes used to. Sitting all day and its full time.. He doesn't want to leave the people he works for hanging so he's really like what should I do? He's like should he ask just to work once a month, or to take a leave of absence or just quit. Just so he can try the new job out.. It's a hard decision to make. I'd start looking for job immediately and try to stick it out until you're secure. Unless you just need a break and can afford it.

Yes lawd. I bought a fitbit to see how much I'm really doing at work. I'm averaging 50 to 60 flights of stairs a day (which led to my injury), climbing ladders, walking an average of 6 miles, picking up 50lb weights on a regular basis, all with layers of PPE and no air condition. It's freakin South Alabama! who doesn't have central air!?

I'm suppose to be sitting cool in somebodies lab. We don't even have chairs in our lab. (Big bish broke it and we never got a new one)

Wow see and he be having a lot to complain about at his job too. It's under construction, they ain't storing stuff correctly. He's the youngest one, all the other employees get paid more and watch him do all of the work, he works EVERY sunday. Just a whole bunch of BS, but he likes the people.. I think they're ratchet from what he tells me. & it's like yall are BOTH qualified to have a way better job cause you got a degree. I think its the comfort and the time you put in there that make you not want to leave. 
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

This isn't the job you were excited about is it? (maybe wrong poster)

Hope things work out. I think I would resign if it was interfering with my health and sanity though.

No this isn't the job I was excited for. I'm kind of glad I didn't get that position though. It was with a bigger company that paid more but they stay having explosions and "accidents" at that place.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>