Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedQuit job before having another lined up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 12:22pm
If you have a substantial emergency fund that can carry you for a certain period or secure circumstances lined up to support yourself as you look for employment, I say go for it. We all could use a mental and physical break from time to time.
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 12:18pm
Only you know how much more you can take before going postal on their asses. It's always better to have a job to get a job but do what you have to do to preserve your sanity.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 12:14pm
I know its not a good idea to quit your job without having another one lined up, but are there circumstances that justify doing it?

I am debating hard about this.

My job is physically (I'm currently injured) and mentally (coworker recently had a stress induced panic attack and I feel like I might not be far behind)draining. Which would be fine if I felt like it would get me somewhere but this is a dead-end and I know it. 

No such thing as work/life balance at this place. Regularly work 50+ hour weeks with no overtime cause I'm on salary. Get notified about change of schedule on the day of. "Oh yeah we are working a 12 hour shift today instead of an 8"

The job is in my field (chemistry) but I do not feel like I am learning much of anything that I didn't already know from school.

I constantly have to fight with the other managers to do my job and have to babysit the non-salaried workers in order to make sure they do their job correctly.

I've just been trying to hold on until I get into graduate school, so I can help my mom with bills.

I have a little over three months worth of expenses saved.

Whatchu think?

Should I quit now and immediately start a job search?
Or should I risk more physical and mental injury to keep a steady pay check and job search when I'm not passed out tired from work(the weekends...that if I they don't decide to call me in)?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic