Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quincy: I thought racism would be over by the 80s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Quincy: I thought racism would be over by the 80s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I don't really see rashida identifying with her Jewish side as self hate, I think she was a little girl that identified with her mother, which most little girls do. Society treated her like she was white as a child, and because of her parents she didn't really learn how to balance the cultures. She seems to accept both sides but has a hard time fighting against the box ppl keep putting her in...she said some suspect things but I wouldn't reach as far as self hate. Kadida should've been the one to go into acting because rashida was not good in the office or anything else, just dry and boring. Kadida has the looks and personality.

I'm not talking about her identifying as Jewish, I just learned she did by reading this thread lol. I'm talking about based on her interviews that I've seen previously she gave me self hate teas. And now I'm just connecting the two.
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:46pm
she looks blackest to me when her hair is blond lol
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

It is very confusing for children who are mixed race. The Blacks tell them they are not black, and the whites telling them they are not white. They fall into a whole 'other' category that has not been established.

If they spent more time with their Jewish grandparents they will obviously feel closer to them and identify with them because there they feel more accepted.

It's hard to talk on this subject unless you've had the experience.

It's only confusing when your parents don't talk to you about race& not give you some "colorblind" speech. Quincy is a known "Uncle Tom" and of course Peggy would only know about being Jewish, she couldn't tell them anything about being black. I have countless cousins with white & Asian mothers and fathers, they don't have issues and never did. They know they are biracial and define as such. Biracial kids aren't "black" & they aren't "white" they are biracial.
ppp38 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:40pm
Both girls are gorgeous 
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

It is very confusing for children who are mixed race. The Blacks tell them they are not black, and the whites telling them they are not white. They fall into a whole 'other' category that has not been established.

If they spent more time with their Jewish grandparents they will obviously feel closer to them and identify with them because there they feel more accepted.

It's only confusing when your parents don't talk to you about race& not give you some "colorblind" speech. Quincy is a known "Uncle Tom" and of course Peggy would only know about being Jewish, she couldn't tell them anything about being black. I have countless cousins with white & Asian mothers and fathers, they don't have issues and never did. They know they are biracial and define as such. Biracial kids aren't "black" & they aren't "white" they are biracial.
Clap
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Maybe I'm tripping but they look black to me.....Rashida looks like she could be creole especially when her hair was lighter....

They look Black to me too.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 8:54pm
This reads just like that novel, Caucasia by Danzy Senna. Just one trope after the other.

Kidada was cool, dyslexic and sporty. Rashida was nerdy, a great student and girly.

I wonder if their parents did anything to counteract their children walking into such obvious stereotypes.

OAN, Kidada and my daughter look so much alike it's kinda scary.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I feel bad for Victoria R's daughter though. I just googled to see pix of her and after typing Victoria Rowell's daughter , Google completed with 'adopted' as first choice.

Wow. Just looked her up and she is like paula patton's son. Blonde hair blue eyes and just white.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

Clap

Parents could talk to them, and they may have, but what about when they go out into the world. Are other children's parents talking to them about acceptance of other people regardless of their skin color, culture, sexual orientation, over weight, whether they buy clothes from a Thrift Store.   This may have been put upon these girls by people outside their homes.

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 2:08am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Wonder, yes! BP was a great show! I came late to the party but once I started watching I was hooked. Her role wasn't that big in beginning but it got more involved as the show went on. She wasn't a stand out or anything, but overall most of the cast was awesome! Loretta Devine, Chi McBride. Heavy D was on it for a while too.

Get out of town. That was my favorite showShocked

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>