Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quincy: I thought racism would be over by the 80s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quincy: I thought racism would be over by the 80s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 5:36pm
I feel bad for Victoria R's daughter though. I just googled to see pix of her and after typing Victoria Rowell's daughter , Google completed with 'adopted' as first choice.

Edited by PurplePhase - May 08 2014 at 5:37pm
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 5:37pm
It is very confusing for children who are mixed race. The Blacks tell them they are not black, and the whites telling them they are not white. They fall into a whole 'other' category that has not been established.

If they spent more time with their Jewish grandparents they will obviously feel closer to them and identify with them because there they feel more accepted.

It's hard to talk on this subject unless you've had the experience.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

I've always gotten self hate teas from Rashida, watching her interviews etc. Interesting read. It's funny how Rashida defined/defines as Jewish and connected with her white grandparents immediately, when didn't even like her father simply because he was black.

Rashida also only dates white men/Jews. Her kids won't be black.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 5:40pm
I don't really see rashida identifying with her Jewish side as self hate, I think she was a little girl that identified with her mother, which most little girls do. Society treated her like she was white as a child, and because of her parents she didn't really learn how to balance the cultures. She seems to accept both sides but has a hard time fighting against the box ppl keep putting her in...she said some suspect things but I wouldn't reach as far as self hate. Kadida should've been the one to go into acting because rashida was not good in the office or anything else, just dry and boring. Kadida has the looks and personality.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 5:43pm
do you remember her role on Boston Public?

Edited by PurplePhase - May 08 2014 at 5:43pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

do you remember her role on Boston Public?

I've never seen it...was that a Fox show? I think I remember it. Was it any good?

On the office she was italian, idk why she couldn't be a biracial character when the office was multicultural. As far as movies, maybe she should do more drama.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 5:58pm
How do we go about pronouncing Kidada's name?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:05pm
Wonder, yes! BP was a great show! I came late to the party but once I started watching I was hooked. Her role wasn't that big in beginning but it got more involved as the show went on. She wasn't a stand out or anything, but overall most of the cast was awesome! Loretta Devine, Chi McBride. Heavy D was on it for a while too.
sache1991 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sache1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

quincy been a coon so no doubt the kids came out like that 

ironic...you have history of cooning with light skin chicks LOL
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Maybe I'm tripping but they look black to me.....Rashida looks like she could be creole especially when her hair was lighter....

I watched a documentary in one of my classes about some man & Rashida was featured it in. The white girl sitting next to me was like, "is she black?" Lmao & then the rest of the white people spent the time talking about her race. I'm the only one that knew she was half. I think it's hilarious since she actually tries to remove herself from being labeled yet all of those white people immediately thought black.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style