Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Hair I Am View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick weave wig cap/ layering
    Posted: Oct 10 2004 at 12:20am

Hey BHM! I need some help making a quick weave wig cap. I read something about it on here sometime ago and pm the person but I never heard anything back from her. I tried to make one Friday but it didn't turn out too good. For one (embarassed to say) my head is a lil bit, no a tiny bit  bigger than the mannaquins head. . I was told to put the cap on the dummy head and glue the weave on. I glued quite a bit of hair onto it then something said, maybe you need to see if it will fit...it didn't .

Also can someone give me some tips on layering or even just cutting the weave. Everytime I try to cut it, it ends up looking really blunt and chunky. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

loriann View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 6:07pm
Aw man, sorry about your experience with the wig cap!! Did the wig cap come with the weave or was it bought separately? As for the layering or cutting of the weave, try thinning scissors, you can find them at Sally's. Sally's also sells different types of blades used for cutting. I can tell you where to get the supplies, but not quite sure on how to exactly use them , However, HairIam, I'll be starting cosmetology school next month and will be happy to share any info I learn with you about hair cutting!     
Hair I Am View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 6:17pm
Hey Loriann! Thanks for responding! No I brought the cap separately, I just used a mens wave cap ( kinda like cut off stockings). Thank goodness I used bss hair for this experiment . You know I just went to Sally's this weekend and asked what kind of scissors or razor I should get for layering hair. The lady didn't know what I was talking about . I really want the razor with the handle on it, I saw them using it the other day on Ambush makeover. I would really appreciate any good tips that you learn. And good luck!
BlueMagic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 6:32pm
Instead of using a mannequin, you can make the quick weave on your head, by placing a plastic cap on your head first, then putting on the wig cap, then gluing the hair.
loriann View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 6:40pm
I'm with you on buying the bss hair. I'm not spending alot of money on hair until I can do this stuff like a pro. I just bought some synthetic hair by Freetress. It came with a stocking cap, but also a plastic bag cap that you're supposed to put on underneath the stocking cap - while you are gluing the hair on. Maybe you'll have better luck with applying the hair that way, on your own head instead of the manniquin's. Trial and error girl, trial and error   
loriann View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 6:42pm

Duo, you beat to the punch!!

Hair I Am View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 6:47pm

Duoo: you read my mind! That was what I was gonna do the next time since my head is a TAD bit bigger than the mannequins .

loriann: I think I have seen the Freetress brand of synthetic hair but I didn't know they had a stocing cap with it. Are you supposed to glue it on or sew it? Also is it curly? or do they have different ones? I'll have to look for that.

loriann View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 7:25pm
If you use the cap, you glue, if not you can sew the Freetress hair in. I bought the wavey hair, but they had a big selection of different textures to chose from. I've just started sewing mine in,  one row so far. Took me awhile to french braid my entire head. But let me know how your weave comes along the second time around!
blckberi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 9:57pm
I have some cheap BSS hair left over. Can someone tell me exactly how to do a quick weave? Like what pattern do you glue the tracks onto the cap to make a wrap?
jaybird View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 11:49pm
I had one of those before. it came with the synthetic hair and it was already layered. you just put the plastic cap on, then the net cap. you can either glue it or sew it on. it was cute. they gave you step by step directions on how to glue each piece on so when you finished it already had the layered look. I got mines from the bss.  I know it had quick weave in its name.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic