Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Quick weave questions?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Love555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick weave questions?
    Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 10:11am
I'm not a newbie, but I don't understand how quick weaves work. My friend is getting one and she wants to know how styles put quick weaves on. She doesn't want her real hair glue down.

My questions:
~Do they us a cap while gluing the quick weave or do they glue your real hair?
~Do they braid the before doing the quick weave or do they us another technique?
~Final question, what is some good brand of hair to buy for a quick weave?

Thanks in advice.

Sponsored Links

MsUnderstood28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsUnderstood28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:42pm
When I used to get quick weaves my stylist would mold my hair down with gel first, then apply Grow protect Solutions to protect my hair from the glue.(It also helps the glue wash out easily with water.)I used the Dream Weaver Hair from the beauty supply store.
HairGodShia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HairGodShia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:19pm
I've never had a quick weave but I've seen it get done a bunch of times some ppl do different things my stylist braids ur hair done and separates ur leave out den applies paper towel or a shower cap under the dome cap she uses two caps jus to be safe she sews down the dome cap cuts the extra off then starts gluing
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 6:58pm
I seen it done where the stylist molds the hair down with gel. Places black wrap strips on top of the mold then adds a stocking cap on top of the strips before gluing hair. When you take it off no glue what so ever is in your hair but I will say this ... it only last for about 2 or 3 weeks then it begins to slide off and it's just a wig after that.

Use Dreamweaver, Milky Way or whichever BBS hair you prefer. 

Edited by hairfanatic501 - Mar 05 2013 at 7:15pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style