Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Hair I Am View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick weave questions
    Posted: Nov 11 2005 at 6:01pm
Hey chicas! Ok this girl I work with has this cute weave in and I asked her how she did it. She said that she put her hair in a low ponytail and glued the weave on top of her hair . Ok this sounds very damaging, but she says that the glue always comes out without too much trouble. I was thinking about trying this but I'm kinda skepticle. I also wanted to know what you all think would happen if I put my hair in a low ponytail with a lot of gel, let it dry, then sewed the weave into my hair. I think it might stay for a week or two as long as I don't wash it. I don't want to do a sew in because it always comes out kind of bulky.
Sponsored Links

Tesha's hair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2005 at 7:16pm

I do that for my mom a lot! Thats all she wears,BUT I must say mommy has a little alopecia at the top of her head! I did my hair like that 21/2 weeks ago with that curly,kinky hair, and i left the front out, and when i was done weaving it, i gelled the front back! It was super cute,but that mess was itching so it had to come out.I think a lot of people go wrong with glue when they get frustrated and start pulling their tracks out,which is a big NO NO! With a good bond remover, it should be fine.We use the same glue and bond remover, and within i'd say 2 minutes it just slides, RIGHT OFF! Even my husband was surprised.

timeless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2005 at 8:02pm

Hi, I personally would avoid glue. I don't think it's good on the scalp or hair.. it's damaging and your own scalp and hair can't breathe very good. Some person's get bad reactions to glues on the scalp be careful.

But again, everybody has an opinion on it.

good luck,

qtslim83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2005 at 10:16pm

When I do quick weaves for my friends, I do it as follows if you di it this way, NO hair should be lost!!

1. Wrap your real hair (like a doobie wrap)

2. Take a plastic cap and cover your head, then use the stocking cap(there are a few quickweave kits that come with the plastic and stocking cap in the package).

3. you then glue the tracks onto the stocking cap however you choose and let them dry .

4. When completely dry, carefully take off the stocking cap.  If you used enough weave glue the tracks won't come off of the stocking cap.

5. take off the plastic cap and put the quickweave back on. 

This works great because the glue dosen't pull at your real hair and also if you're like me and can't go over a week without washing your hair, you can take off the weave wash and re-wrap your hair and put the weave back on.  Don't do this too much because too much movement will loosen the tracks from the stocking cap. Hope that this helps!!!

allaboutdahair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2005 at 9:45am
Didnt somebody have a photo of this in their album?
Hair I Am View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2005 at 10:07am
Thanks so much ladies! qtslim83, I tried a similar style as the one you're talking about. But instead of doing it on my head I did it on a mannequin head. I got frustrated because I had to use too much hair, and it started looking wiggy, on top of that it was too small to fit on my head .
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic