Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedQuick Weave/Black Glue allergy?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Weave/Black Glue allergy?
    Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 12:10am
Note-The stocking cap weave/quick weave/27 piece weave is when a stylist puts 2 stocking caps over your hair then they glue tracks onto the stocking cap and no glue is supposed to touch your hair/scalp, but if the stylist does not wrap your hair with a sanex paper strip before putting the stocking cap on you, the glue can seep through a little bit.

Hi - I have a question to people that wear the stocking cap weave/quick weave/27 piece weave:

I had a quick weave on for one week and yesterday, I felt like maybe the glue had seeped through the stocking cap near the perimeter of my hairline when I got my hair done  because I suddenly felt an unbearable discomfort and burning itch, then I cut the quick weave off and washed my hair. No scalp irritation with the quick weave before yesterday.

I washed and airdried my hair and my scalp's perimeter only looked flaky but not any other section of my head. I first thought that it was a scalp fungus issue and I put SuluMax on my scalp before I washed it, but today my perimeter doesnt look flaky, but it still feels very sensitive and right now and it feels like I need some cortisone cream on my scalp like I have a rash or something like the feeling that you get after using a lye perm.

I did some research and I am thinking that I may have some form of seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp so I'm going to make an appt with the dermatologist tomorrow morning.

Im gonna but some MN (anti-fungal) on my scalp tonight just in case, and I am back to wearing my natural hair.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I may be allergic or sensitve to the black glue (I havent worn a glued in weave in 15 yrs and it seems like my scalp would feel weird from time to time back then, but I dont remember....has any other quick weave wearer had a similar experience?
Sponsored Links

BlkPocahontas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 12:18am
You are probably latex-sensitive. Black glue has latex in it. Try switching to the white glue. Thats what worked for me.

Also, try wearing a rubber swim cap sprayed with oil sheen underneath the two stocking caps, when the glue dries, you should be able to remove the wig and take the rubber cap off. Then place the quick weave back on.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 9:14am
I have to try out the white glue if i ever do another quick weave. Thanks!
MissLDB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 9:36am
if you do have a latex allergy, you may want to stay away from the rubber swim cap too....just a thought...
SMOVLADY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 10:54am
The swim cap shouldn't hurt you since you'll only have it on till the glue dries.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 10:58am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic