Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedQuestions, questions...

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DesDesDes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions, questions...
    Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 8:10pm
I've been stalking this forum for a while. Thank you all for the information you have shared.

I'm contemplating locs started with extensions. I'm also contemplating the no extension route.

I have a few questions - sorry if they are dumb, please excuse my ignorance.

Loc texture - I have seen many different textures of locs - I know they are as individual as their growers. However I have seen very "manicured" (sorry I cant think of a better word ) locks that are pretty smooth and have sheen, and I wonder if that is more related to maintenance that actually hair type. I don't think I have the greatest texture of hair for locing, and worry I may just look ragged all the time because my hair doesn't ever firm up.

Daily care - over all have you found your loc experience to be more time consuming than previous hair choices?

Big bad extension questions - I live in New York, but I'm thinking about heading to Atlanta to see this loctician http://www.dreadlockextensionsandmorebykeisha.webs.com/ The reason I'm considering traveling is because her site says she uses a different texture of hair for people who have more of a curly texture. If I go the extension route I'd want to avoid an obvious line of demarcation. According to other stylist I've seen my soft, coily hair is not the most ideal to start locs without some added support anyway.
Anyone have any experience with this loctician or could recommend another who does extensions.   I'd prefer to stay on the East Coast.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Sponsored Links

SimplyKimmy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 10:21am
I've actually spoke w/her breifly. I found out someone in my area DMV had been using her pics, so I let her know. Anywho, she has really good work but she's too far for me. I had the loc extension and I have soft&coily hair (pics of my hair in the type sections) and no1 could tell the diffrence. I also used beverly johnson hair which is a softer texture than the others apparently b/c they'd always slip out o_O..I'm sure there are a lot of ppl in newyork you can fin though.
dhoom300 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2014 at 10:49pm
Loc texture - I have seen many different textures of locs - I know they are as individual as their growers. However I have seen very "manicured" (sorry I cant think of a better word  ) locks that are pretty smooth and have sheen, and I wonder if that is more related to maintenance that actually hair type. I don't think I have the greatest texture of hair for locing, and worry I may just look ragged all the time because my hair doesn't ever firm up.

Edited by dhoom300 - Nov 10 2014 at 10:49pm
anothercoppedge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2014 at 9:44pm
hi,
I have loc extensions. I had them done professionally with vivica fox afro kinky hair. I have had the extensions for three months and planning on them to stay forever. the texture when first put in was smooth, unison, similar to yarn. I had no loose hairs. I wash my hair once a week. during the week I oil my scalp with tea tree oil, and spray it (extensions) with a water oil mixture. I wear a bonnet every night. since doing this schedule my hair is now soft, with a cushy feel to each loc. there are some loose hairs but I retwist once a montt and palm roll the extenstion with oil. the loose hairs go back in and my roots after my first retwist have merged completely with my extenstions. to me its not time consuming until I have to wash it. washing takes longest because I have to rise forever to make sure the soap is all out. but daily upkeep is way faster than when I had loose hair. that I had to style every day and put in protective stlyes or twists at night. I enjoy my locs way more than my loose hair.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic