Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

question for you avid weave wearers

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
BosstyleBoutique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BosstyleBoutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question for you avid weave wearers
    Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 12:46am
I guess I'm just looking for some feedback not on here trying to sell anything

So.. I've been selling "virgin" hair for a few years now. When I first started selling 4 years ago I was buying wholesale from a company in china that I found while browsing the Internet. I went to them because they were cheap. I didnt do any research on them I just trusted their word. At first everything went well towards the end I got so many complaints about shedding and tangling so I switched to a supplier that was based out of California. I bout from her for 2 years then she went up on the minimum order quantity and requested that I buy a minimum of 10 kilos. I didn't have the money at the time to purchase so I found another vendor. I began to save up my money and I had intentions of purchasing from her once again but then I stayed doing research and what I found was a bit disappointing.

A lot of the hair that is in the market right now is not what we think it is. In a recent trip to south India I was introduced to temple hair and dead hair.

Temple hair is hair that had been collected from Indian men women and Children who donate their hair for religious purposes. This hair is shaved from their heads and falls to the floor. Sometime then comes around and picks the hair up off the floor and puts it in collection bins. They also sweep any left over hair up and that's collected as well. The hair is then sorted and bundled. So one of the bushes could come from many donors.

Dead hair is hair that they collect from comb and brushed this hair is also available for sale

When I was there I met this couple from china who was coming to buy kilos of the temple hair and they were even purchased some of the "dead hair"

When I went to india I met with a field agent from the company that I work with now and he did a good job of educating me he also showed me how to properly collect hair (pulling the hair into a pontytail and cutting the desired length) I even learned how they steam process hair for its texture. For instance kinky curly is very popular. Mongolian people do not have kinky curly hair. Their hair is neither kinky or curly. Mongolian women have straight hair that waves slightly when wet. So I learned that all these popular textures ( body wave, deep wave, kinky curly, afro curl, spiral curl just to name a few) are all Steam PROCESSED textures.

I see a lot of companies selling "virgin" hair for $39 a bundle. Do you really believe you are getting 100% human virgin hair for that price? After all the research that I've done ive decided that I would rather sell unprocessed hair. My hair had not been steamed or chemically processed while it is a little more expensive the quality is the best I've ever sold and I have not received 1 complaint.

I have explained to my customers why we made this change and there are a lot who don't seem to understand and I silk have customers who request the processed hair. My personal feelings is that by the hair being steam processed to its texture that deems the hair no longer virgin abs fir me to continue selling that hair as virgin hair I feel like I would be selling a lie

So do I push my feelings aside and give the customers what they want which is cheap processed hair. Or do I stick with it and continue to sell my new line of Authentic Virgin Hair that I am very proud of
Sponsored Links

deltacup11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltacup11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 2:03am
If your in it to make $$ hell I say give the people whast they want #shrug#
RedWhiteBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RedWhiteBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:48am
I'd say continue to sell both. But the processed hair make sure it is advertised as so but not sell it at a Virgin hair price. There are people who will appreciate both Virgin Processed and Virgin hair. And congrats on your company hun...I'm glad you found what works for you and your clients. In the long run it is your clients who you are going to have to meet the needs of. Not every one can afford pure Virgin hair but their are many who can so continue with both.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 9:59am
I agree with RWB...sell both but label them accordingly.   "Virgin" hair doesn't have the same meaning like it did a couple of years ago especially with the infux of hair companies touting the word "virgin". I absolutely agree that steam processed hair is no longer virgin hair but a lot of people tend to refuse to believe that. Dead hair (floor hair) is lower quality because the cuticles are mismatched although raw. As long as you differentiate between the two types of hair you are selling, it should be all good. Good luck with your business.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic