Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for those who make their own glue gun wig
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Question for those who make their own glue gun wig

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for those who make their own glue gun wig
    Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 1:31pm
Or wigs at all. I am on my fourth bundle of this hair with the last bundle split and I still will probably need some hair to close. I don't get what I am doing wrong but after the first bundle is added I always notice it's too far at the bottom and not properly rounded the head. I just am not getting how to lay these tracks right. Also the hot glue gets everywhere so how do I fix that especially at the top.
Sponsored Links

TRENDIIVERSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 1:47pm
It sounds like you may be putting the tracks too close together. Are you cutting the tracks as you go or folding them? I normally trace my key points on  the cap prior to gluing/sewing. If I were you I would trace the "U", and measure your nape (where you want the track to start and how long you want the bottom rows to be). As far as the glue itself goes, are you laying all the glue down, then the track? When I glue I glue half the row at a time and I blow the glue a little so that it "freezes" some when I'm pulling the gun away. HTH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 2:49pm
I try and lay the tracks close because I thought some did that by maybe mines are too close lol. I hate the glue gun ima keep working with it though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 3:23pm
Lol. I lay mine pretty close as well,it really just depends on how full you want your wig. Yea I like sewing better but the glue is much quicker.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 4:56pm
So I basically got four bundles on there. I'm using cheap hair cause I'm still practicing. Although this wig is too snug I can make it work and try again with a new wig again maybe next week. I really like it it's not too full so I'm satisfied. Wish the hair want so cheap but well see how it hold up for the short wear I need it for. At the top where I split sects I started to space farther prt so as not to run out of hair and its good enough.

So I don't know how to see I've tried and it failed so I'm just practicing right now. Ill try sewing again once I get this track laying down. I don't know how girls get them nets to work but I can't sew on them and I hated the dome cap but ill try again with a spandex cap one day.

Edited by Geminigirl - Mar 20 2013 at 5:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Geminigirl Geminigirl wrote:

So I basically got four bundles on there. I'm using cheap hair cause I'm still practicing. Although this wig is too snug I can make it work and try again with a new wig again maybe next week. I really like it it's not too full so I'm satisfied. Wish the hair want so cheap but well see how it hold up for the short wear I need it for. At the top where I split sects I started to space farther prt so as not to run out of hair and its good enough.

So I don't know how to see I've tried and it failed so I'm just practicing right now. Ill try sewing again once I get this track laying down. I don't know how girls get them nets to work but I can't sew on them and I hated the dome cap but ill try again with a spandex cap one day.

I did the same thing! I have 4 or 5 wigs of cheap hair I practiced on :) Now I'm finally comfortable and have 2 wigs of "good" wigs and more hair in the mail. Building my lil stash..You'll get,, just be patient w/ yourself. I can email you my tracks if you would like. I learned from watching Tiarra Monet on YouTube,, I really like her videos. I love the net caps,, but I can never get the sizing right when I sew :( I can't stand those spandex dome caps, but they fit the best lol. On my cheapie wigs I glued w/a wig cap under the net and it was my favorite fit. So, my next wig I'm going to sew it with that method and see how it turns out.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 7:23am
I'm not sure by what you mean by email tracks but I will you my email. Next time ima at least do sensational or Milky Way hair cause this hair I used is too cheap but hopefully it will hold up for the weekend. I may try and see my next one being as though this glue stuff is getting on my last with the way it fits after.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply