Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for Naturals who texlaxed for the first t
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Question for Naturals who texlaxed for the first t

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DivaKeya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaKeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Naturals who texlaxed for the first t
    Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 7:31am

I have been natural for 1.5 years have decided to texlax my hair for a number of reasons. I want to make sure that I am careful when I texlax and I do not want to over process my hair. 

My question is for Natural ladies who textlaxed for the first time is: what was your process like?

How long did you leave your relaxer in?

Did you mix your relaxer with conditioner or oils?

What brand of relaxer did you use?

How long did you let the relaxer process from the time of application?

Any tips?

To prepare for my relaxer I did an aphogee 2step and straightened my hair my last wash. I am stuck between the Mizani and ORS Lye relaxer. I plan to put protein back in by using aphogee 2 min. I am unsure how long I should process, I am a 4b/c hair type and I would like to be closer to a 3a/b.

Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated :)

Sponsored Links

juju_newyitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juju_newyitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 7:52am
Hey there! I was natural but actually texlaxed this morning! (3am lol) anyhow...
I used a lye relaxer, silk elements. With all the good stuff in it I decided not to add anything, but I had grape seed oil all over my hair. I left it on for about 20mins. One side came out more processed &I thought I liked the less processed side but may actually do a corrective on this side &loosen it up. I started applying at 2:45 &rinsed around 3-3:05. I think I'll stay around the 15min mark. Idk my hair type but its like nappy frizzy s curls &waves. I now have pretty waves now. Love it! The relaxer seemed to balance my hair & it feels great. No more breakage than I was experiencing while natural. Pleased with my results I still feel pretty natural my hair is just faaaarrrr more manageable.
DivaKeya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaKeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 8:15am
thank you, this helped alot. Do you have before and after pics?
Alexia78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:09pm
I texturized my hair for the first time two weeks ago and followed it up with a corrective texturizer last week after my hair was underprocessed and hard (I used a no-lye the first time).

When I redid my hair last week:

• It was on day 4 hair.
  • Based my hair and scalp with olive oil
  • I mixed a little conditioner in the relaxer
  • started with the back of my hair in sections and worked my way up to the front which is naturally looser anyway. 
  • I left it on for 7-8 minutes, rinsed and neutralized. 
Some of my hair is slightly underprocessed still since I washed it out so soon, but its much better the second time around.  My hair is still very curly, but manageable. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply