Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Question for BHM Mommies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
butta fly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butta fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 10:55am
I stopped using months once my son made 2. Now when someone asks I will say "he made 2 on July 1st". I give the date because my son is tall and I know the next question is "Is he almost three?"
Sponsored Links

tallcake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tallcake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 11:49am
Doctors and Mommies find it easier to gauge development by months instead of years.
A 12 month old baby and an 18 month old baby are at completely different stages in development, even though they are both only 1 year old. 
Haitienne Pearl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haitienne Pearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:27am
Hahahahaha you are funny! And it is so true!

As someone said above; I plan to wrap it up after 18 months too! My husband already inform me that after 12 months he will say 1 year old and that's it, he has no time to count these months thing and try to convert it after, he is not a calculating machineLOL

That topic also reminds me of when I was pregnant, I was miserable trying to convert my weeks in months, when people would ask: "How many months are you?" I wold say: "Hum.... 28 weeks?.....Confused" All confused LOL

Edited by Haitienne Pearl - Oct 07 2009 at 2:29am
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 6:17am
I understand why they do this from a medical standpoint. My daughter was a preemie so her age was always being adjusted. Sometimes I'd get confused at what age she really was but like I said I understood from a medical standpoint. For the others that do it that don't have preemies I wish the would just round off 1 year and 11 months to two years old.
Msmchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msmchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 7:21am
MIlestones. Lemme tell you how embarassing it is for someone to ask you how old your baby is and your sitting there counting in your head. I gave up. She's 2 and she'll be 2 until she's 3. Good enough. The thing is you have women who constantly are comparing their child to others based on their age. So if one mother says, "Little Timmy started potty training at 18months", then another will say, "18 months? Why so late? I started Janice at 15." It's ridiculous. It's like baby wars. I made the mistake of telling some mothers that my son was potty trained before 2 and all I heard was 18 months this, and 19 months that. Now I don't even say anything anymore. Your kid will crawl, walk, talk, eat with a spoon, poop in the potty, when he's good and ready.
TooBlessed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:20am
Honestly, I've never done this.  After the age of 1, they become 1 year and 2 months; 1.5 years; almost 2; etc.  When I ask other parents how old their child is and they come out with that "Timmy is 16 months" I'm like Stern%20Smile and I'll correct/question them and say "Timmy is a little over a year old?"  I asked a simple question -- why I have to use calculations to get a simple answer I'll never know.

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 3:56pm
There are various stages of development that are marked by months.

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 3:58pm
i always wondered that too. docs do it so maybe thats why moms do it. 

i didnt. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 4:00pm
Actually, it is better when parents know how many months old the child is. It is ridiculous to say 25 months old, instead of 2 years and one month.
I once met a lady, in January, who said her son was 2 and a half. So I asked her when was his birthday and she said he just turned 2 in December (therefore not 2 1/2). I just looked at her like she was an idiot.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 4:01pm
Both of y'all acting up......this thread is 52 months old.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>