Perfect Hair Collection

Question about wigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about wigs
    Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 10:35am

I got my hair heat damage and I have to big chop, but I look horrible with low hair (I have a round face). Where can I find quality human hair wigs on the net? Also are all lace wigs complicated to install or are there some that resemble BSS wigs in terms of installation and you only have to trim that lacey part in the front and wear? I want something that looks natural. I had been contemplating two strand twists until my hair grew out but my hair is just too damaged and I've had thin edges for a long time

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 01 2012 at 10:36am
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 11:15am
Hey Jolie,

welcome to the world of wigs!Smile

For the best websites, i suggest you look at the Wig section of this forum.  There are several vendors to choose from. My favorite for just full head wigs is Beauty of New York, Samsbeauty, and Wigs.com. 

The thread regarding wig vendors will range from regular full head to lace front types.

Any tips you may need on maintenance, which vendor/wig to choose from will be listed there.

happy wig wearing!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 12:13pm
@femme,

Hey, femme! Thank you for the warm welcome, I'll take it! I was hoping to circumvent hours of reading the wig section before getting to the basics (I did that with weaves and I still don't know what's what).
Those favorite sites you gave, are they human hair? By regular full head, you mean wigs that don't require any kind of special adjustment, like glue or something? This is what I'm looking for. It also has to look very natural and I'm willing to invest a few hundred bucks for it. I just don't want a complicated install

@ Nikki
Thanks for the malaysian hair advice, I'm jotting this down, it will come in handy a little later (won't have enough hair left on my head for a weave at first) but I'm hoping I will within a few months

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 01 2012 at 12:20pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by NikkiLeshawn NikkiLeshawn wrote:

HEY!  I dont know about any wigs, but there are lots of weaves that resemble natural hair, There is two that i really like. The first is Malaysian Kinky Curly by http://www.VirginHairSeduction.com. I like this one the best. It blends perfect with my 4a hair. they are a bit pricey tho but i kept it in for like 4 months! My Second choice is Indi Remy Afro Jerry by the Janet Collection, it's a beauty supply store brand. That is just as pretty BUT it tangles and matts so bad so you can only wear that for like 3 weeks before you have to toss it in the trash.

so again my two choices are:
Malaysian Kinky curly from Virgin Hair Seduction  www.virginhairseduction.com
Indi Remy Afro Jerry from the Janet Collection (BSS)

hope that helps
Just took a look at Malaysian kinky curly. It looks amazing!!! Seems like quality hair. Is the hair already processed (I won't have to pick out nits or anything? Something I saw in the Weave section and it creeps me out). How much of your hair do you leave out and do you do a twist out with it to match? How is your hair braided underneath? Circular? (We don't have good hairstylists for weaves out here and most BW weaves look kinda jacked, so I'm looking for details)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 2:12pm
those sites sell human and synthetic hair.

the wigs i wear are wigs that require no glue, or any thing to stay on your head.  But i always do, and there are many that will agree, use bobby pins.

There is a thread in the wig section called "How to make your wig look it's BEST".  The OP is "Sunshine".. and man, she has tips from A to Z.

Check it out.. you'll really like it.

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 5:40pm
I like to look at wigs on hairsisters.com b/c there are reviews, photos and YT videos posted under many of the wigs.  Also, they take pictures of what the wig looks like right out of the package.  They sell both human and synthetic wigs but their service is hit or miss. 

At first, I hated their service but lately I've been receiving my items on time and even faster than expected.  If nothing else, it's a good place to research.

GL!! :)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 6:14pm
Thanks ladies. What are the hairlines like? And is it really human hair, can you curl it? I'm a little surprised to see human hair wigs for $28. I'm willing to spend more for the perfect one
Hopealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 8:54pm
One of my friend is the round face, but she has a big bang, she is so beautiful. Maybe you can have a try the big bang, it can be make the hairline natural. You also can try the mono in the top, it looks really very very natural like our own scalp. You know now the Mongolian hair is popular. I try it and no tangle. Love it sooooooooooo much. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:55am
has anyone checked out the weave section lately?

All i am seeing is "Scammers" "Scammers" and more "Scammers".. mostly members from the M2M forum.

There are few members that i never would have thought would lie/cheat/who:&*&re for hair, but apparently, they've been ousted. Confused

There was one in particular that posted frequently in the growth section.. i mean.. who knew?

I left the weave game a few years ago and thought about purchasing hair again.  Wigs, are definitely the way to go..Thanks to Miss Vivi, Swift, and the encouragement of others, i've learned where to purchase, and how to wear them correctly - without the Paypal fallout..

truespirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 9:08pm
http://allnaturalallmine.blogspot.com - http://allnaturalallmine.blogspot.com is a great place to get advice on wigs
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>