Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about head wraps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 12:19am
Never measured mine...I just buy them from H&M
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Ol zippity doo dah says she uses 75 inch scarves ub the in the 'about' section. I hope the video helps too.Smile

Thanks CC!
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 2:33am
No prob JP! Hope it works for you.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Jolie I took a regular winter scarf & it worked perfectly. I just measured it, the length (60") is longer than the width (24 1/2"). I was able to wrap my wrap similar to the photo below:

I love that scarf and the image. Beautiful.
I love wearing head wraps!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 3:54pm
^And the idea of using a brooch on it, I would have never thought of that! It's regal.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 4:21pm
Mine are Pashima sized...if that makes any sense.

Maybe google the dimensions or measure one in a store?
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^And the idea of using a brooch on it, I would have never thought of that! It's regal.

yes !
and the scarf is Carolina Blue (I know, no one caresLOLLOL)
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 10:27pm

Say I want to do these. Can someone tell me realistically, how much fabric I should use? I went and bought a whole yard of 5 types of fabric Cry

@blakevond@fabfacesbystar@sweatpoundo@layersofstyle

1 yd of fabric is usually not too big; especially if you want to recreate looks 1, 2, and 4 (can't really see how the scarf is wrapped in pic #3) 

It really depends on the style you are creating and fabric's thickness, but generally speaking, you should be fine just as long as you keep measurements around/within the 50-70" (length) X 25-30" (width) range. 

I wear scarves everyday and am  familiar with different styles and scarf measurements, so if you have a pic of a specific style you are trying to achieve, post the link and I can try to help you estimate the correct measurements.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:09am
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Say I want to do these. Can someone tell me realistically, how much fabric I should use? I went and bought a whole yard of 5 types of fabric Cry

@blakevond@fabfacesbystar@sweatpoundo@layersofstyle

1 yd of fabric is usually not too big; especially if you want to recreate looks 1, 2, and 4 (can't really see how the scarf is wrapped in pic #3) 

It really depends on the style you are creating and fabric's thickness, but generally speaking, you should be fine just as long as you keep measurements around/within the 50-70" (length) X 25-30" (width) range. 

I wear scarves everyday and am  familiar with different styles and scarf measurements, so if you have a pic of a specific style you are trying to achieve, post the link and I can try to help you estimate the correct measurements.
Oh, I guess it's my width that is the problem. The lady at the fabric store cut out a big square, so the width is practically the same as the length. I have to readjust all my fabric. They should have mentioned that in the article, as 1 yard can be cut any which way. Had I known, I would have asked for a long strip rather than a square.

I will be posting some pics of styles soon. I'm still trying to perfect this one look, lol

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 06 2013 at 5:10am
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 7:03pm
I noticed that girls with the Badu head wraps use jersey fabric and about 3 to 4 scarves for layering...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
HairCanada.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic