FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedquestion about Eves Bayou

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 9:32am
why dont they make good movies like this anymore w/colored folk?
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Originally posted by RedPanda79 RedPanda79 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I know right Liberian.........I gotta watch again with older eyes.

Adding my name to that list because it really confused me as a kid/teenager. At that time I thought she was making the transformation from girl to woman and fell in love with her father. He had a night of weakness after drinking then came out of it and slapped her.

I do remember I loved Debbi Morgan in the film especially the mirror scene and her past relationships.

that exactly what I always thought

that's what I thought too.  LOL  age can make a difference when u watch a movie.   I felt so bad for Debbie Morgans character.......her husbands kept dying on her.    The mind is a powerful thing.  If u believe u r cursed then u will be cursed.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

I actually agree mostly because the thought of someone that young coming on to her own father doesn't seem possible. I think the flashback of her kissing her father and her Dad slapping her, because it was not appropriate, was actually her blaming herself for the abuse. 

Agreed.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 9:45am
one of my all time favorite movies and I LOVE Kasi!
ummmok View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 9:46am
Originally posted by RedPanda79 RedPanda79 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I know right Liberian.........I gotta watch again with older eyes.

Adding my name to that list because it really confused me as a kid/teenager. At that time I thought she was making the transformation from girl to woman and fell in love with her father. He had a night of weakness after drinking then came out of it and slapped her.

This is exactly how I interpreted it, too. When her sister Eve came to Cicely with a secret, she claimed to have witnessed their father cheating on their mother on a woman (who I believe was one of his patients) Cicely seemed very adamant in denying that their father had done anything wrong; that the woman he was with was just there to help him get more drinks in the carriage house. I'm pretty sure she wanted to shield her little sister from the truth but she also looked a bit suspicious, hurt, which led me to believe she had feelings for her father or maybe even wanting to subconsciously deny it for herself as well b/c she does not want to believe that her father would want any other girl but her (yes, disturbing). And when she told Eve what happened that night before she was sent away she made up a lie about her father molesting her when she was the one to come to him when he was drunk and not in his right mind. She put the blame on him. Also, another scenario is when she waits for her father all night to get home. When he finally does she says something like "you're late" and he greets her and says something along the lines of 'your mother would kill me if she knew I let you stay up this late, go to bed' she doesn't just yet and continues to talk to him then all of a sudden Eve enters the room and the disappointment on Cicely's face was questionable. She looked upset that Eve interrupted their time together. She could just be a daughter that wants all the time she can get with her dad, daddy's little girl kinda thing but I don't think so, she seemed jealous, not the sibling kind of jealous either but an intimate unnatural, kind. I believe he was a good father, not the best but he did care for his 2 daughters. I remember seeing how he shoved Eve out of the way as to not get shot before his murder. He was just a man who loved to cheat on his wife and have many women but not a molester I don't think. Anyhow, that's how I had viewed it at the time.

ETA more lol.

Edited by ummmok - Oct 20 2011 at 10:03am
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 9:56am
I have this movie and i've watched it many times since I was kid and I never thought about it like this. I gotta re watch
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 10:26am
Dang, this discussion is deep! Good reading y'all! Interesting take about the molestation scenario

but put me in the boat that felt it was less of molestation and more so the Electra Complex
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by ummmok ummmok wrote:

Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Link? 

http://tvsearch.co/movies/watch/QWJZS6Q4/

Thanking you Big smile
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

One of my fav movies....and as many times as ive seen it....hmmmmGeek

But how do you explain her lying about that night she kissed her dad?

They did have quite a strange father-daughter relationship, but I took it as her being a daddy's girl...
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Dang, this discussion is deep! Good reading y'all! Interesting take about the molestation scenario

but put me in the boat that felt it was less of molestation and more so the Electra Complex

Yea, same here
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic