Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Question about closures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

I have only the sides and back sewn down so I can access my scalp for growth aids.  I use a metal rat tail comb if I get the itchies.  A closure will require some form of adjustment in 2-4 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows.  I usually sew clips under my closure to prevent going back to the salon for an adjustment.  I could kick my own arse because I didn't do this for my install a couple weeks ago. I may abandon my install for a wig in a couple more weeks.Ouch

Oh, that is so informative! So if you sew the sides and back of the closure, where do the clips go? Do they allow you to lift the piece up as the hair grows out? Is this the idea?

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by pRiNCesSChANeL pRiNCesSChANeL wrote:

i was trying to embed the video but its not working so heres the link 

Thank you, Chanel! I don't think the net is for me, though. When I shampoo, I need to be able to do some serious scratching between the tracks and I think the net will prevent that. I'm bookmarking the link though
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 5:06pm
oh the net is totally optional.. i was just showing what it looked like since you said you had never seen a net weave Embarrassed

but your welcomeee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 5:07pm

Check out KinkyCurlyYaki.com ---- they are a Canadian Vendor that sells a variety of textures.

and i second this! i looooove my kcy! i'm natural too and my leave out blends perfect!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 5:16pm

Check out KinkyCurlyYaki.com ---- they are a Canadian Vendor that sells a variety of textures.

Mmmm... I took a look at that web site and the pics of the closure don't even appear. That's not a good sign.

I enquired with a vendor several months ago and he told me to give him the following info. Not sure what to answer him. Can you help me out? Here's what he asked:

For the closure, please confirm:
Hair length: I'm assuming it would be the same as the rest of the weave? Is that right? I'll probably go for 16 inches.
top size: what does he mean by that? I don't know what to answer...
lace or silk color : I've been advised to go with lace but what colour am I supposed to pick? What do I base that on?
right or side part and how far from the middle part ? : I plan on wearing a side part (on the left side of my head) but I'm not sure I understand the rest of his question. What does he mean by "how far from the middle part? And I thought there was such a thing as a "freestyle part"?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by pRiNCesSChANeL pRiNCesSChANeL wrote:

and i second this! i looooove my kcy! i'm natural too and my leave out blends perfect!

So I'm assuming that if you keep some leave out, you order curly hair? I was thinking straight hair with a straight closure. I want a totally different look. Do you think I can achieve this when I have 4b hair or is it unrealistic? I'd like something like the light yaki texture they feature on the site

Is the hair quality and how long does it last? How many installs can you do with it? I'm hesitant for the KCY closures because I can't see pics.

Thanks for the net pics and explanations. I had no idea what it was in the first place and now I know.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 01 2013 at 5:26pm
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 5:23pm
My scalp is badddddd. I do get net weaves because they make my weave last longer.
When my hair and weave is being wash.....I use a long snout bottle mixed with sea breeze scalp first. Then same for the shampoo and conditioner. Through out the week I use a bottle like that with 7oils....or Cantu moisturizer to moisturize my hair. However my first closure will be June 1st so I will see how that works
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

My scalp is badddddd. I do get net weaves because they make my weave last longer.
When my hair and weave is being wash.....I use a long snout bottle mixed with sea breeze scalp first. Then same for the shampoo and conditioner. Through out the week I use a bottle like that with 7oils....or Cantu moisturizer to moisturize my hair. However my first closure will be June 1st so I will see how that works

There's something I'm not understanding about this net method. Can you scratch through the net with your fingers when you shampoo or will it break it? I'm assuming you have to rub the shampoo in somehow. If you can't and your scalp is bad, how do you tolerate it? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I've just never seen this until now. I really need to scratch.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 01 2013 at 5:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 5:44pm
yes i have their kinky curly and afro kinky curly installed right now.

im looking for straight styles next just to try something different. if your hair is a 4b i would probably get the coarse yaki from their site. it is just like the light yaki it just has more texture.. so it looks like type 4 hair blown out... but it straightens nicely too. if you can type into google "kinkycurlyyaki instagram" and you can see girls wearing the coarse yaki.. i think that it is pretty.

you could get away with the light yaki.. i personally wouldnt leave any hair out if i were to order that type though.. and i have type 4 hair too.

so far i have only had the hair installed for 2 weeks so i cant give an in depth insight to how long it is going to last.. but so far so good . i havent had any problem with it. as long as you take care of your extensions you should be able to keep them for a loong time!

and i could see the closure just fine.. did you click on the closure link from the site?
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 6:04pm
SmileGirllllllll I do scratch through it...sometimes pending on what I use and how hard scratch....I have to stitch back the net.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic