Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
latingirly11248 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Queen of the wink
    Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 2:17pm
My 21st bday is coming up ( feb 4th).. And i been fighting the urge to get a weave but i miss it lol . So I really want to go to queen of the wink and get a 20 inch install using sengori shells relaxed texture.. ladies please tell me all about her and the installs etc., I know there have been past threads about her .. but the search engine here has issues at times and I dont feel like going through it .. so ladies please and thank you .. if yall have any pics of her installs feel free to post them here as well.
Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 3:41pm
bumping.. come on ladies please
New_Girl_Lucky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 3:46pm
Got nothing but good news to say about Queen but I found two links with reviews for you to go over.  One is mine and one is from another member.  Hope this helps with your decision but I would say go for it!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=158228&KW=

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=146185&KW=queen+wink

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 4:07pm
I have read alot of good things about her as well .. but Just found out about the long wait and im not the type that wants to put up with that .. so I think I will be going to mzkokony instead... thank you anyways.
missmun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 5:03pm

I have gone to Queen and I wrote a good review about her, but i did not know what I was missing until I went to Karen (MzkokoNY) in the Bronx.

I never met her before coming on here and reading reviews about her. The reason why I decided to go to her after going to queen was, I wanted to find someone that knew everything i knew and more, and if you go back and look at mzkoko's comments and posts you will find that she knows her stuff.

I have had my hair in from November and I just dont want to take it out, it looks so good still!!!! i wont let it go past 12 weeks but you better believe I will be back in her chair to get my hair done at my 12 week mark!

I know some people have said they waited hours after thier appointment time for Queen (some up to 7 hours). I also had to wait for her about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. But as I walked through the door karen started my hair, and I was out and able to carry on with the rest of my day!

DOnt get me wrong queen was sooooooo sweet and she did a good job at my hair but I just think Karen is just that much better.

Wanted to add, I had no tight bumps in my hair AT ALL with Karen, no pain, nothing!

Edited by missmun - Jan 25 2009 at 5:05pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by missmun missmun wrote:

I have gone to Queen and I wrote a good review about her, but i did not know what I was missing until I went to Karen (MzkokoNY) in the Bronx.

I never met her before coming on here and reading reviews about her. The reason why I decided to go to her after going to queen was, I wanted to find someone that knew everything i knew and more, and if you go back and look at mzkoko's comments and posts you will find that she knows her stuff.

I have had my hair in from November and I just dont want to take it out, it looks so good still!!!! i wont let it go past 12 weeks but you better believe I will be back in her chair to get my hair done at my 12 week mark!

I know some people have said they waited hours after thier appointment time for Queen (some up to 7 hours). I also had to wait for her about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. But as I walked through the door karen started my hair, and I was out and able to carry on with the rest of my day!

DOnt get me wrong queen was sooooooo sweet and she did a good job at my hair but I just think Karen is just that much better.

Wanted to add, I had no tight bumps in my hair AT ALL with Karen, no pain, nothing!

Thank you for your detailed response! I was really fighting the urge of getting a weave .. but I cant help it lol . It gives me that extra sexy and will help me stretch my relaxers , and give my hair a rest so what the hell im going for it. Did you have to go to a consultation prior to your actual appointment.
Ready View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 9:56pm
does anyone know the price ranges of these ladies?
ChaLove View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 10:05pm
Queen of the Wink..what can i say that is my homegirl, been going to her since the summer time and she is all that. One thing is always get there early, and she may not be there to braid you down and wash you but when your ready to get your weave in she will be there.

Allllll my installs from her have been amazing and she caters to exactly what you want. She's pretty cheap too. 150 for a full weave.

Anyway bottom line is Queen is great, wonderful atmosphere and she wilol always make you feel at home!

And while your at it, get your eyelashes done by Ming.
Mochantas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 10:20pm
My mom went to Queen a few months ago.  She loved it. She said the environment was lovely, her install was the bomb, and the eyelashes she got applied were so natural.  The only problem was the wait - she spent 7-8 hours there.

Here's the review & pics:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=157413&KW=

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Mochantas Mochantas wrote:

My mom went to Queen a few months ago. She loved it. She said the environment was lovely, her install was the bomb, and the eyelashes she got applied were so natural. The only problem was the wait - she spent 7-8 hours there.Here's the review & pics:http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=157413&KW=

I do remember seeing your moms pic! Her hair looked fly. I have always wanted to go to queen but I can't be waiting 7-8 hours on my bday in a salon. I like going to stylist where its specifically by appointment , in other words they attend to you as soon as you get there at your scheduled time.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic