Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pyramid Schemes and Multi-Level Marketing Schemes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Pyramid Schemes and Multi-Level Marketing Schemes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 8:59am
I had a friend that invited me to an insurance MLM it was called WFG. They really do make money because I saw bank statements but I just didn't feel like going through the hassle of contacting all of my friends and asking if they were interested. I just went ahead and purchased insurance for me and the kids. I'm a good hustler with a huge network but I ain't trying to have my network give me the side eye.

Park Lane jewelry is another one another friend invited me to. They had an event where the president was coming to give a speak and throw out $500,000 worth of Jewelry to the crowd. This dude came and I was like WTH. The guy was cooked not tanned but cooked. Had botox in his brows and lips. I just couldn't. He did throw out jewelry and I was able to catch 5 nice pieces but then that was it. 

Prepaid Legal is another one that another friend is still trying to get me to sign up to. I support my friends but that MLM is not the business for me.

Edited by sugabanana - Apr 24 2014 at 9:00am
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

My friend just started selling Mary Kay. The prices are comparable to MAC Confused. idk enough about MK to be paying $20 for a lipstick. (are they good?)

Lol, I've purchased a lipstick recently and it's pretty darn good (to me anyway). 

*goes back to reading*
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 9:44am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

My friend just started selling Mary Kay. The prices are comparable to MAC Confused. idk enough about MK to be paying $20 for a lipstick. (are they good?)

Lol, I've purchased a lipstick recently and it's pretty darn good (to me anyway). 

*goes back to reading*

Their 3n1 facial wash and Microdermabrasion wash is the bomb. Moisturizer is the bomb also. Those are the only things I purchase and stock up from Mary KAY. Everything else is basic. Oh they have this sugar scrub thing for your lips but I got that for free.
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 9:45am
I swear if my sister tries to sell my one more of those It Works body wraps they gonna have to bury ol girl for real

My uncle got her caught up in it and everybody hides when she comes around
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 9:53am

I think Body By Vi is one big pyramid scam. I find it hard to believe that people are making 100K per year and driving around in 200K BMW's selling Milkshakes. I get soo tired of seeing people on FB loathing over it. Dead  I'm not a believer.

Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

I swear if my sister tries to sell my one more of those It Works body wraps they gonna have to bury ol girl for real

My uncle got her caught up in it and everybody hides when she comes around

Your sister paid $99 to become a It Works distributor? Dead

They getting a lot of sistas with this one 

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

*goes back to reading*

Their 3n1 facial wash and Microdermabrasion wash is the bomb. Moisturizer is the bomb also. Those are the only things I purchase and stock up from Mary KAY. Everything else is basic. Oh they have this sugar scrub thing for your lips but I got that for free.

Mama00 loves this......shes been using maryK skin care for about 15 years......
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:10am
My friend sells it wraps......she makes decent money.....
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:10am

• The Federal Trade Commission cautions "Most [network marketers] end up with nothing to show for their money except the expensive products or marketing materials they're pressured to buy."

• Consumer Reports advises "Stay away from multilevel marketing schemes that make earnings contingent on your ability to sign up an ever-growing pyramid of 'distributors' who are supposed to do the same and pass sales commissions up the line."

• The nonprofit Consumer Awareness Institute analyzed available data published by the MLM companies themselves. Of the companies surveyed, they reported the least successful was Amway/Quixtar where 99.99% of distributors lose money, and the most successful was Herbalife, where 99.42% of distributors lose money.

• They also surveyed 200 tax preparers in three counties in Idaho and Utah, where 6% of residents are active network marketing participants. From over 300,000 tax returns, not a single one reported significant profits from network marketing activities.

• In a Wisconsin lawsuit, the tax returns of the top 200 of 20,000 network marketing participants were examined by the Attorney General. The average income of this top 1% was -$900.

• Newsweek found that fewer than 1% of MonaVie distributors ever qualified for any commission at all, and less than 1 in 1,000 recovered the cost of their required monthly purchases.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:54am
So where is all the money going??^^^^
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>