Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pyramid Schemes and Multi-Level Marketing Schemes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pyramid Schemes and Multi-Level Marketing Schemes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:02am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

i got an associate who brings in 8k per month on the herbalife scam. he has always been a fitness nut and used it to his advantage. he got so many people thinking he got his muscles from herbalife smh.

he showed me what you get if you sign up and most of the sh*t you can get at gnc or bodybuilding.com for way cheaper lol. they had protein powder, meal replacement, green tea and some other vitamins. can't knock his hustle, though.

then my potna...maaaaan. i don't even know where to start. he is doing wakeupnow and its like he's a different person. he makes youtube videos promoting this crap and guarantees you can make money easy. no lie, he's a hell of a salesmen. after watching some of his vids i thought about investing but fucc that. i tried to tell him to leave that sh*t alone but he's too far gone. i would post his youtube but i don't wanna put him out there like that. this Brotha is making pie charts and everything lol.

u need pie charts and graphs n'sh*t so it don't look home made.

Edited by newdiva1 - Apr 24 2014 at 2:03am
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:33am
If you start a fruit stand- and you buy your fruit wholesale and start selling it on the corner= then it does well so you tell your friend how they can do it too if you show them, how is having anyone of these biz any different than selling fruit? or anything Its Direct Sales? anyone here is Sales?
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:36am
Most people who get involved in these business have no experience in sales and it shows if you are not willing to build the skills you need to make this happen then its not going to happen, and I agree with whomever said its better for people to sell things they actually care about.. I don't like Avon I never have so I will never sell it!
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 4:15am
Avon isn't like that Mary Kay is though my sister fell for it im just waiting to see how long she'll last...she did change alot everything is mary kay this and that while spending money building an inventory she'll never sell.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 4:30am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

If you start a fruit stand- and you buy your fruit wholesale and start selling it on the corner= then it does well so you tell your friend how they can do it too if you show them, how is having anyone of these biz any different than selling fruit? or anything Its Direct Sales? anyone here is Sales?

In your fruit stand example, the success or failure of your fruit stand has no connection to you convincing your friend to do it too. In these marketing schemes, it's ALL about recruitment, and the product itself is  irrelevant.

The bullsh*t episode in the OP summed it up nicely.

"The product itself becomes the vehicle for the money transfer. So it looks like a sales company, it has products, contracts, and calls you a salesman. But in reality it's merely an endless chain recruitment plan."

Edited by Random Thoughts - Apr 24 2014 at 4:38am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 4:34am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

U teach your friend to sell but U get a cut of their earnings...then they in turn teach someone else and then u get a cut of not only your friends earnings but the person your friend recruited.   The person who taught u about the fruit stand is getting a kick up of all of y'alls montey's.  And so on and so on and so on...

The montey's flows upwards as opposed to you showing your friend how to run a fruit stand and then u have nothing else to do with it.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 5:14am

I have two cousins that do this

one does an insurance one and another does this other type but I don't remember what it is about

The insurance one seems to be working for my cousin

the other cousin though....told us he was making so much money he quit his six figure job and that his then fiance, now wife, is making so much money she was going to quit being a lawyer

yeah okay.....

but his parents gave him their old house so it's not like he has to pay for housing anyway....I'm sure that helps boost his net worth lol
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 7:24am
Somebody tried this sh*t with me when I was fresh off the boat

A close trusted family friend .. I mean they were supposedly raking in the dough but then I looked at how they were living and I just thought nah son, stop lying.

Plus it was too much effort

The. Another bloke tried to get me into this company ..you're supposed to sell some stuff and sign up some people and you only buy your supermarket goods from these guys etcetera they used Costco as their competitor.

I looked at some of the products and I just thought naaaah , you ain't fooling me
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 7:51am
I had an old "friend" from college PM me about Vemma.   First he wrote on my wall then asked me what I was doing that evening. I'm thinking why would I tell you and all of facebook my plans for the evening?? Then he PM'd me.  It's funny because the last messages I had from him were years ago, asking if he could sit by me in class because he didn't study for the test. SMH! Some people are always trying to do some slick sheit.

He sent me a video that started out with all these happy people travelling, cheering, driving expensive cars, etc... Don't the vids always start this way?? SMH.  Anyway the video had this young guy on it who was obviously not used to speaking or reading que cards Talking about how he had started making all this money with the company. After so many awkward pauses/fumbles in his speech, I stopped watching.

When I first got out of college I went on an interview for one of those MLM companies, unbeknownst to me at first. I had a full business professional attire. And I was feeling really good because I had made it through 3 interviews, then they sat myself and the other candidates in a room and introduced us to the other leaders in the company, and put on their similarly themed video. SMH I was pissed I wasted time with it.

My question always is, if it's such a great opportunity, why do they have to recruit so hard?  People should be beating down their door trying to submit resumes. SMH lol
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 7:54am
And Vemma is a health/energy drink, which I don't drink. He was trying to convince me to sell a product I wouldn't even use... But it's not like the product matters anyway...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic