Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pyramid Schemes and Multi-Level Marketing Schemes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pyramid Schemes and Multi-Level Marketing Schemes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pyramid Schemes and Multi-Level Marketing Schemes
    Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:48pm
Avon, Melaleuca, Vector, Amway, Herbalife, Wake Up Now...

Do you have any horror (or gulp...success?) stories about pyramid scheme jobs? Ever been to one of the meetings? Ever watched as a family member or friend got involved?

Drop those thoughts.

NSFW episode of Penn and Teller, discussing the topic. It's really sad towards the end.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Apr 23 2014 at 7:48pm
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:49pm
My mother looooooves falling for these and it's so sad because she'd too irrational and stubborn to accept that they're essentially scams.

But that's on her, not me.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:51pm
They're all scams to me too

I cringe everytime I see somethin about herbalife. !!

My co worker started taking and selling this thing called Veema. I don't trust it either!
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:51pm
My Ig friends had a field day with Wakeup Now.......lmao

Herba Life is crack.....from what I hear.....I just wanted to try the tea....
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:53pm
Just read someone's experience with this a few mins ago. I bolded what these typically consist of.

________

I got tricked into a pyramid scheme meeting

So last night while I got a fb message from an old friend asking if I was available for a business meeting the next morning. First i thought it was some bot that hacked his account cuz I havent talked to him in years but later on called me up and talked about having open positions for a company called XS LLC who were expanding into Houston.

After talking to him over the phone along with an executive of the company next to him, I found out it was some sort of technology company. However I googled around and the only thing that popped up was XS LLC video game publisher who havent published a game in almost 2 years. Nevertheless, the two told me that if i was looking for something to do over the summer , I should dress up and attend the meeting. Friend even offered to drive me.

So here I am at the hotel, lined up outside the conference room. Some of the people there were kids around my age (20-25) who were telling me that they were in top positions in the company and making enough money to be financially independent. On top of that, i saw my friend who told me that the company allowed him to make enough money to help pay off his brother's cancer treatments. Already, I'm thinking all of this is too good to be true.

Now I'm in the conference room. My friend got me to shake a lot of hands and a spot in the front row next to him. I see the first powerpoint slide of the presentation. It says ACN 20 year anniversary. I asked my friend what was ACN cuz I signed up for XS LLC. He answered with XS being a company being opened under ACN to expand into Houston but they do the same business.

And then the sh*tty electro house music starts playing. The drop was some robotic voice saying "Start the phuckin beat" which sounds really weird in a room of people dressed in business attire. Main presenter comes in, starts talking about how everyone in the room wants to make enough money to retire their parents, wants to get away from the 9-5 workhours , and drive nice cars. Throughout the entire presentation, many in the audience were overenthusiastic , cheering really loud whenever some new presenter was on the stage. It was pretty creepy.

And then the slides on how the system works appeared. Getting multiple people working under you, focusing on recruiting new people into the system more than actually selling your technology based products/services, mentioning that professional athletes are part of the company, $500 to start working, etc. It was obvious now what this meeting was for.

After the meeting, my friend asked if i was interested. I replied with "I don't know man. All of this sounds pyramid scheme to me". His answer? "Real pyramid schemes only last a few years. ACN has existed for 20 years! Also, don't trust google." Then he gives me a pamphlet that talks about how googling about ACN brings up results that they are a pyramid scheme/dirty business but the websites listed on the pamphlet are proof that ACN is legit!!!

In the end I told him that I would think about it later (trying to be nice). And he dropped me off back home. Meeting didn't offer any food or drink. Bar in the hotel wasn't opened. I was expecting at least a slice of pizza dammit.

What I learned today? Companies are trying to hide their status by opening under a different company name that doesn't pop up on google. And I'm about to lose a good buddy of mine. Sure we haven't talked in years but he was a great human being that I respected since high school. Oh yeah that friend? He was the one who organized the meeting. He's deep into this bullsh*t now.

But I'm pretty sure a lot of you already know this. It just sucks for me cuz this is the first time that i was targeted individually since now I'm apparently old enough for this (college student).

Edited by Random Thoughts - Apr 23 2014 at 7:54pm
Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:54pm
Don't forget another called "It works" (body wraps) and Organo coffee 

Edited by Mz. Mocha - Apr 23 2014 at 7:54pm
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:54pm
I'll have to check out the show.  I watched all the seasons except 8.  I've had a few friends who've gotten into multi-level marketing schemes briefly. They were usually stay at home moms just trying to make a little extra money.  Never successful and I always trying to get people to steer clear.  Disapprove 

Edited by JasmineE02 - Apr 23 2014 at 7:55pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:06pm
nope. went to a meeting in university and laughed all the way out of there. it was for that company that sells cleaning supplies and things.  the island is small the persons able to join are limited and soon exhauseted plus I dont have anytime to sell nothing nor am i gonna waste money on the start up pckg. bwwhahhahahahahahhahahah

Herbalife was BIG in Jamaica, ppl did lose weight on it though (put it right back after). ive always wondered how comes i never hears anything about it stateside. well last week i say something abt the company being investigated for being a pyramid scheme. LOLOL

what we did have was a MAJOR economic crisis (for soME) because they invested $$$$$$$ in Cash Plus and OLint. Each deposit earned a member 10% on the deposit monthly (banks at the time were barely gvining interest of 4%) people sold homes cars lands and shunted millions to these schemes WELP! it all came tumbling down. Cash Plus first then Olint (they were assured that Olint was different from cash plus and woudl never go under) MERCY i know peopl who still havent recovered house gone car gone college funds gone. Had to move back to parent shomes' etc fully grown families SMMH

Dudes were buying planes sending money offshores etc. The two guys were charged i think (one byu the US we have yet to charge one- but other countries have). Neegroes waiting to be refunded but i dont think so
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:12pm
Mannnn my moma stay falling for the okie doke pyramid schemes lets see she has done
tupperware
avon(2 times)
Noni juice
ardyss
ameriscience
currently organo gold bullshyt

She dont listen to me
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:13pm
My homeboy joined one of those and he can barely even explain it . It took 2 yrs for a semi-explanationConfused.. "check out the website..they can explain it better than I can"..oh but you want me to get my electricity through you and come to the next meeting? Oh ok, sure thing.

My friend just started selling Mary Kay. The prices are comparable to MAC Confused. idk enough about MK to be paying $20 for a lipstick. (are they good?)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic