nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purposeful Thanksgiving
    Posted: Oct 28 2008 at 9:47am
Todays Topic: Purposeful Thanksgiving
Author: Terri Savelle Foy
Verse(s): Psalms 100:4

Today's Confession: Lord I magnify you and not my circumstance.

Devotional:
One of the keys to receiving Godís best is having an attitude of gratitude and thatís easy to have when everything is going great, when youíve got money in the bank, Godís met all your needs and your prayers are answered it makes it easy to be thankful. Itís not so easy when you feel like all hellís broken lose in your life and you have nothing to be thankful for especially when Satan reminds you about everything youíve lost, or everything thatís not happening.

Itís amazing how Satan wants you to take an inventory of everything you donít have. He doesnít want you going down the list and looking at everything you do have. He wants you to wake up in the morning remembering everything youíve lost, everything thatís not happening, everything you donít have. And when you begin to focus on that list of stuff you begin to meditate on it then you begin to magnify it. When you magnify something you are making something bigger than everything else. And the more you magnify everything thatís not happening in your life youíve not only offended God but it leaves the door wide open for Satan to come in.

It wasnít necessarily the Israelites enemies that kept them in bondage it was their words, it was the complaining. They complained about everything that wasnít happening. They complained when God did something and they got tired of it and wanted more. Their complaining is what kept them in bondage, kept them in that same circumstance year after year after year.

Our words that can keep us in that same mess month after month after month and year after year. Psalm 100:4 says ďenter his gates with thanksgiving and enter his courts with praise.Ē That tells us right there that thanksgiving is a key. Itís a password itís like a gate opener into the presence of God.

My mom had given me a gate opener and all I had to do was push the button, it opens the gate and I go right up to her house. Well you may have a gate opener but if it is not the right one you are not going into her house. Itís the same with our prayers we may be praying but if our prayers are nothing but complaints then we are not entering into the presence of God.

So many times we pray things like ďLord why isnít anything happening. Iíve been doing all I know to do I donít understand this. What am I not doing Lord? Why is everybody else getting a breakthrough? Itís been six months now Iím giving Iím sowing amen.Ē And thatís how we pray. We havenít even entered into the gates. We havenít even pushed the button to get into His presence when we pray like that. But when we make ourselves give a sacrifice of praise itís called purposeful thanksgiving. When you make yourself look around at what you do have and you voice it the bible says give thanks and say so. When you make yourself (when everything in you is screaming and hurting) say, ďLord I thank you that I have a job. I thank you that I have a house to live in. Thank you that Iím healthy. Thank you for my children.Ē And when you make yourself magnify what God has given you it opens the door wide open for you to walk into His presence and receive His best.

Sponsored Links

Gezelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2008 at 11:28pm
thanks for the post Nella!Big%20smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair