Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pssst.. Newbies Its Time For A Huddle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by etowngirl22 etowngirl22 wrote:

how do you ladies switch up your styles though? I'm not trying to have a lame ass hair cut but i'll be damned if I go layering, coloring, cutting etc. some $400 hair

is there a way that people take down their installs and then reinstall so the wefts are in the exact same configuration? You still wouldn't be able to switch things up too much but at least then you'd be able to rock a cute cut for a few installs in a row

I can definately see your point if you rock a signature style, but it seems to me that the cheap so-called "virgin" hair is ideal if you're more experimental? Just trying to understand better

My virgin wavy sometimes I rock in its natural state, or I curl it with my 1" curlers, same hair two different looks. I usually wear it with a side part.

My virgin curly I rock with a middle part, originally I left it in its natural color which was a natural black. I got tired of the same color so I ombred , same hair different look. The ends were a honey blondish color, got tired of that and threw a red rinse on it.

If I want shorter hair I just buy it, its way cheaper and I use less bundles of 12' hair. I refuse to chop up my long wavy hair. My hairdresser doesnt cut my wefts when I get my installs so they stay in tact.

Hope that helps

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by etowngirl22 etowngirl22 wrote:

how do you ladies switch up your styles though? I'm not trying to have a lame ass hair cut but i'll be damned if I go layering, coloring, cutting etc. some $400 hair

is there a way that people take down their installs and then reinstall so the wefts are in the exact same configuration? You still wouldn't be able to switch things up too much but at least then you'd be able to rock a cute cut for a few installs in a row

I can definately see your point if you rock a signature style, but it seems to me that the cheap so-called "virgin" hair is ideal if you're more experimental? Just trying to understand better

My virgin wavy sometimes I rock in its natural state, or I curl it with my 1" curlers, same hair two different looks. I usually wear it with a side part.

My virgin curly I rock with a middle part, originally I left it in its natural color which was a natural black. I got tired of the same color so I ombred , same hair different look. The ends were a honey blondish color, got tired of that and threw a red rinse on it.

If I want shorter hair I just buy it, its way cheaper and I use less bundles of 12' hair. I refuse to chop up my long wavy hair. My hairdresser doesnt cut my wefts when I get my installs so they stay in tact.

I also rock lacewigs and now uparts with closures, My next purchase will be a dark roots with platinim blonde tips. 

Hope that helps

blackandfearless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackandfearless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 4:34am
In addition, for those who don't know how to do research, this thread has been very useful:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/sticky-how-to-search-a-vendor-bump-often_topic315323. - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/sticky-how-to-search-a-vendor-bump-often_topic315323.html
tamela10289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tamela10289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:07am
Preach
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 1:49pm
Bumping I need to reread this thread and brush up on my virgin hair knowledge, Im getting frustrated and confused again doing my homework, lol. Im not a newbie to BHM, but I fell off the hair game big time after I went natural a few years ago, so I am so lost and so overwhelmed with the whole industry now. One thing I have accepted is that I just have to take the plunge and experience my decisions for myself. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:26pm
When in doubt, order 10" hair and rock a bob, you will be out of way less money and you will only need 2 bundles. I hope that makes sense.....

Better to lose $100 than $300 if you in unknown waters!
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

When in doubt, order 10" hair and rock a bob, you will be out of way less money and you will only need 2 bundles. I hope that makes sense.....

Better to lose $100 than $300 if you in unknown waters!

ShockedShocked Good idea!!!Lamp

PreciousHairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PreciousHairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 9:35am
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

Been reading this entire thread all morning. I LOVE IT! It's hilarious.

I am on #team10inch lol
chocolate03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:03pm
Yep whenever I'm trying a new vendor I always order 10" because even if I don't wear it right away I know i'll be itching for a bob once it starts to get hot
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic