Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Pssst.. Newbies Its Time For A Huddle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.77  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (23) Thanks(23)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pssst.. Newbies Its Time For A Huddle
    Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 11:41am
As I exhale, where do I even begin.....Cry

No Matter what Aliexpress, Alibababa or your Fav YT Guru says they are NOT running around scalping Brazilian women to sell us hair. Its just not happening . It is BRAZILIAN TEXTURE hair, and it is 9 times out of 10 not VIRGIN. I mean seriously 100% VIRGIN BRAZILAIN BODY WAVEConfusedConfused. Virgin is hair is its natural state, not body waved, not kinked, not yaki but the way it left the donors head and that includes steam processing.

You will NOT get quality hair for $125 for 3 bundles of hair. Now everyone has their own ideas of quality. Some people feel if they get 1 install and it doesnt dreadlock for the 2 months they wore it then thats a bargain, if so carry on and do what you do. In the long run you are not really saving $$$ if you are buying hair every other month. (I still have hair from 2008)..

The Lazy weavewoman works the hardest, yeah you can piggyback off some other BHM members last purchase but do your own research.  So  you won't spend the next month after your purchase looking for threads on how to untangle some wild boar weave.  If you dont believe me Google Roman weave.Cry

Do I even need to address hair that smells like Corn Chips??????

Just say no to Instagram hair companies.... If they shut down their account tomorrow then what? I can go get one of those CC swipers on my HTC phone to get your coins doesnt mean Im a freakin legit bidness. With a good flatiron I can make even wildabeast hair look cute in a selfie, that dont mean diddly.

I know its sad but in most cases you now have to research the poster asking questions about hair comapanies. Yeah they have 56 posts but if you look at those posts it involves comments like "cute, nice install and other BS posts".  They are just trying to get free advertisement for their website on the under.

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. Dont let desperation be your weave downfall. The horror stories usually end with comments like I was in a rush, it was a good deal, someone on YT said.

You have to be honest with yourself, only you know your hair situation. If Lisa on YT bought some hair and she has fine hair and didnt use a closure her hair matches Virgin Indian wavy hair, YOU on the other hand has 4B grade you lil momma need a closure. Do not think some Edge control is gonna rectify all that is wrong mmkay.

I hope this helps at least one Newbie, Lawd talk of hair gel on installs, pics of weave delivered in a food box, and other posts in the Newbie section prompted this posts. Also the weave disasters at the mall yesterday broke my heart.
Sponsored Links

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 12:59pm
Thumbs UpGirl....and bump this ever so often so when they sign up this will be the first thing they read...EVEN THOUGH SOME REFUSE TO READ.
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 1:56pm
this is a good post!!
BeautyAddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyAddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 2:08pm
LOL!!!! TRUE!!!
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 3:09pm
This should be a sticky forever.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 6:22pm
Excellent post.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Dec 16 2013 at 9:43am
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 6:45pm
ClapWow, thank you sooooo much for this helpful post. Unfortunately I read your post too late because I took the plunge last week and bought my first ever order of "virgin" hair. Since I'm new to this whole virgin hair thing, I went with AliExpress. Now after reading your post, you know I'm gonna give my hair the side eye when it comes in the mail. LOL But thanks for the info anyways PG,it will help me with future purchases. :) That's the kind of stuff we need around here! I'm taking notes girl. 
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 6:48pm
Can I 10 star this thread?
WhitWhit86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhitWhit86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by keeloIo1 keeloIo1 wrote:

Can I 10 star this thread?

This is how i feel!

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Thumbs UpGirl....and bump this ever so often so when they sign up this will be the first thing they read...EVEN THOUGH SOME REFUSE TO READ.

They read they just have their weave blinders on and see what they wanna see. Its a poster sitting right now who read the post and thought" who dis heffa think she is" Well Im just a poster with yummy soft loose Malaysian kinky curls in my head who's hair doesn't reek of corn ships, whos hair didn't come in a Folgers coffee box, who doesn't have a cobra crawling up her neck disguised as weave trying to find some silicon mix, a paddle brush and the best detangler to unmangle some wildabeast hair is all.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic