Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

PSA: Be Careful Coloring Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadeTree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadeTree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSA: Be Careful Coloring Hair!
    Posted: May 02 2014 at 2:49am
Ouch

There are quite a few YT videos about lightening hair with developer only.  People who do this usually seem to wrap the hair in foil and putting the hair under a heat source for hours.  I remember a vid in which a woman said she went to work and left the hair in the sun.
I saw a thread about it and noticed that someone warned to be careful doing this because it could cause an explosion or fire.  I did keep that in mind.
I had no overheating issues when I used this method on virgin hair.
But I tried it on some Bohyme hair yesterday and after maybe half an hr went to check on the hair which I had in foil, plastic bags and tucked into a heating cap. I felt the bag and it felt EXTREMELY HOT!!!. Wayyyy hotter than my heating cap will ever get on its own. I became alarmed and took it right to the sink. The smell was not pretty. I opened the foil and the hair was SMOKING! I noticed many  burned hairs after rinsing. I ended up tossing the hair... Anyway, if I had not gone to check that hair... I don't even want to consider that.Ouch

Ladies who do this, please be sure to check every 15 mins or so. This method could be extremely hazardous.  Do NOT ever do this and leave hair home no matter what a Youtuber tells you lol.
I just wanted to warn folks about this.
Sponsored Links

Super22Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super22Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:44am
I was just wondering about this very same thing today because I bleached some hair and I use a whole lot of developer cause I know that develop makes the hair lighten too and I wanted it to lighten quickly....so after about 20 or 30 mins I checked on it and the foil was really hot and I wasn't even using a heat source.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 4:19am
I've tried this developer method but with just 'sun' heat and it was okay but I live in the UK so you know it took like 4 hours to get even slightly lighter.LOLCry
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 5:45pm
I had that happen to me before when bleaching, and also my aunt was using box dye on her indique hair and the bag started to heat up I idnt think anything of it... But im glad I hd rinsed mine off... When it comes to coloring I do not always listen to the guru's though.. I always ask licensed beauticians as well... I seen youtubers say they leave developer on hair for 8-12 hours. I also hard them say they leave dye on the hair for two days or so to give it an extra brightening in colors... so I agree with al of you
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 8:51am
So what are easy ways to bleach or lighten hair?
Chantelchocolate19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantelchocolate19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 4:47pm
Lol that's terrible I never thought of it like that. I DONT recommend lightening good quality hair in all honesty. I spent about close to 400 dollars to get perfection and like a dummy i fell for the blonde movement and bleached all 5 bundles and a closure and it resulted to losing my closure and replacing it and now having to get new hair. Granted i had my hair for almost a year now but i know if i havent of bleached it i would still be rocking it probably until another year. I had 36' now down to a 26 because so much has broke off. Ladies if you want blonde please use cheap hair or shorter lengths so it doesn't matter. Now i have to sit here and spend about 600 on some hair because im  a length hoe :P (40 inches next time) (ps dont worry im 5 6)
SuperSweetSunsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SuperSweetSunsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 9:01pm
Why would anyone leave bleach on hair for hours at a time? What kind of developer is being used?

I use the Clairol or Loreal developer (20 or 30) in the bottle then mix the powder lightener with it. In less than an hour the hair was a straw colored blond. The only heat I used was laying the hair in foil on top of the cable box which has a little heat but not much.

I'm failing to see why would bleach need to be on hair for half a day, a day, two days?? The hell?
kaayshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaayshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:24pm
next time just use the box one. I believe its easier . for example :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5--qaite0 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply