BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PS Challenge Fall 2011 [CLOSED]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 98>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 12:07pm
I'm feeling good about getting back to my old regi -- wiggin during the week and big braid outs on important weekends.  I hope to see the kind of retention I need to see in order to NOT chop my hair off again. LoL

***Wig pix coming up, kinda heavy***

I wanna share some wigs in case other ladies are interested in them as well.

Here are some of my favorite synthetic ones:

Motown Tress, Bori (Love her, she's so natural looking to me):

Glance, Morning Glory, halfwig:

Motown Tress, Chi:

Sensationnel, HZ 015 (my favorited pixie):

Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 2:42pm
^^Digging all the wigs, Swifty! I luv the curly one! Totally looks natural! U rock various lengths really well!!
I totally agree with you on returning to basics, especially since the cooler months are here (Happy 1st day of Autumn!). We gotta maximize growth and retention, Ladies!
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 3:16pm
Loving the wigs Swift!  I love the first one..Motown Tress, Bori  because it looks like my hair when it's short and straight.  It does look natural to me..Smile  I might have to go wig shopping this week.
WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 12:07am
Woww I haven't posted in here in a long time. This past summer I let my hair free minus a few protective styles. The majority of my summer I wore my hair in wash and gos. So as a result I have a good bit of SSK...and for some reason I'm having problems with mid strand splits. I did my 2nd trim for the year, and I snip individual problem strands as I find them. But overall I don't think my hair suffered too much. Its back to normal. Thats what I get for changing my regimen. I have to just deal with the fact that my hair just loves to be stretched and shampooed at least biweekly. I tried the cowashing thing...no bueno...Ouch 

So now as the weather cools down and schools kicks into high gear I am retreating back to my protective styles. Buns, updos, and wigs. I have my eye on this kinky curly u-part wig. Evil Smile 

I'm planning on maybe straightening my hair this weekend first...and then going back to my old, but updated, regimen. 
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

*Checking in*...Smile

Hair Type: Mostly 4b and lil bit 4a, Fine and Thin

Goal: Retain length

Regimen: Keep in cornrows for a few days and then out the rest in high puff to keep off my clothes.  I will wash and condition once a week.

Starting Pics:  Will post Oct 1.

My Pics!!
They were taken yesterday and this morning!

chal-3.jpg image by MsTinyCurls  

My hair is so much longer now!..Wow..  I've had it cut twice since these were posted in Oct 2011..So, I will be posting my pics again on Oct 1, 2012.  I feel like my hair has not grown but I it has... I can't wait to post pics..Smile
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 12:31pm
I know I have been mia. From my last posting to this posting I have been experimenting with different hairstyles.

My first twist and curl

My first braid out

My first bantu knot out set

Yesterday, my husband and I went to a military formal. My hair is braided on the sides and the ends twisted. I added yarn to my french roll. Didn't get a pic of the front but it was pin curled.

My next style would be Naptural 85's cocoon curls.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:25pm
YEAH UPDATES AND FIRSTS!!!! CONGRATS LADIES!!!

Cleo and I are still PS'ing. I'm tweaking some things(incorporating banding and heat for the cooler months). I 'm getting my trim in about two weeks. I saw a beautiful two strand twist updo of a LHCF member that I'm going to get my stylist to do after my trim. Gonna enjoy Cleo straight for a few and back to PS'ing. Shoot, she'll prolly be in a ps while straight tooLOL.

Hope everybody is doing well!!!
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 8:56am
That's cool this thread has been going for a year LoL .... damn time flies!!

Great progress ladies!!!!

I've been wig rocking lately .... can't wait to buy some more. I think I'm falling back into long hair love LoL ... this one is Vanessa Super Moon (I'm DEFINITELY buying another one)

I'm wearing Tammy today

Edited by RoxieDream - Nov 19 2012 at 9:48am
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:14am
Swifty that last one is super cute on you!!! 
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:13am
I'm still here. Overcoming BC breakage. :-(
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 98>