Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

PS Challenge Fall 2011 [CLOSED]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 98>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 8:50am
Yay, we are gonna have the BIG hair when this is all said and done.  We've CLEO going back into her bun and Nelly getting her PS on, we're gonna have to pass out drool rags when they're revealed!  I can't wait! LoL

So I'm taking down rows of mini braids and converting them into cornrows.  I'll have to leave a piece in the back out for my official length check.  I'm excited about going back to wigs b/c I know my ends will definitely be covered/protected and that means good retention.

I'm really nervous about my Aug 2012 pic.  I hope to see some progress from April.  If not, I'll post my Aug 11 and Aug 12 comparison so I don't get discouraged.
Sponsored Links

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 6:13pm
More confirmation to go back to my wigs/extensions...

Length Check:
I'm in the process of converting my minis to cornrows.
My hand is at the top of my hip bone.
Two lines below my hair is when I will officially claim MBL.
My hair is severely shrunken due to WNGing in these mini braids.
Not NEARLY as much growth as I got last year between April and August. Here's why:
-I've used heat twice, once in April and once in June
-I can count on one hand the amount of times that I have properly DC'd
-I have worn my hair out A LOT in twists and twistouts. Now I know better.
Self-challenge to reach my goal:
-Get back to my weekly wash/protein/DC regi
-Use wigs and extensions (if necessary) to PS
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 6:32pm
Swifty, are u sure your hair is 'fully' stretched? I only ask bc in my head, ya last length shot looked longer. Plus, remember how I told yall the Hubby didn't 'fully' stretch my Cleo so it appeared that I was at the same length from last yr? Maybe ya hair shrunk up some?
I do think that keeping the ps movement going, especiall with Fall knocking at our doors,would give us some growth.

I really need to pamper Cleo, but I'll do so tomorow, since the boy child and I have a standing date with Catoon Planet. I hope SHE cooperates with the bunning since its been awhile.
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 6:48pm

((HUG)) Thanks for trying to keep me from getting discouraged, LUV.  It's cool though. There are a lot of variables that have changed but I still use the shirt to be consistent.

On my body, my hair feels longer than it did in April and June but according to the shirt, it hasn't grown much at all (about 3/4").  I can't do a naked length check b/c Swift's got big boobs that can clearly be seen from behind.Embarrassed
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CincygirlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2012 at 6:31am
Swift you are REALLY making me hate that I chopped mine off again last summer!!! You're hair has grown sooooo much. I may have to try Ayurveda powders again!! I can't even remember the ones I used to use.
yekomod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekomod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 9:23am
Hey ladies!
I know I've been ghost for awhile but I finally got some free time today to update you gals on my current hair style. I finally find someone to do the Poetic Justice/Solange inspired braids the way I wanted them. I've had them in for 3 weeks now and absolutely love them! They are so convenient and easy to manage. I usually wear it in a high bun like in this picture. I live in Florida so it's too hot to wear them down all day.

This was taken the first day classes after a looooong day on campus. 
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 6:22pm
Lookin cute, Yeko!! (as always Smile)

Aww Cincy!  It's cool cause you needed to cut to get one step closer to solving your hair mystery.  Your hair grows fast so I'm sure you'll be back to your BAA in no time!

I'm cornrowed up, under my wigs.  I'm actually rocking one of my old wigs.  I wanna try out longer ones and putting them up into a bun style. 
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 3:32pm
Swifty you're making me want to pay more attention to my hair so I can get some length too. I swear I'm going to get a sew-in .... i want big hair Cry
GoldenCherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenCherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 11:15pm
Oooooh Sexy Roxie!!! I'm still in my twists but I'm so ready to take them out trying to stick it out
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2012 at 8:11pm
Hey ladies! Coincy- u got this! Ya hair will be back in no time bc u know what u need to do. Cannotwait to see ya new do and progress!

So ciute Yek Love the whole outfit and bike!

Swift, maybe talk get a Fall growth spurt. Plus, u know what u need to do to get tba rib cage growth!

I startedoff the week numbing, but I have some new jewelry and acesssories (thanks Hubby) and a puff was in order Thursday and today. But, I'll be back next week to numb ing

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 98>