FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedPS Challenge Fall 2011 [CLOSED]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 98>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 5:53pm
Oh yayer, I forgot to say that I put in some mini braids yesterday (Sunday, August 12th, for future reference).  I hope I can keep these bad boys in for at least 3 weeks!  Unfortunately, that would take me past my next scheduled length check.  I would really like to be consistent but I would LOVE to get some growth.

Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 6:55pm
Aye, Swifty? Why you say 'growing fingahs' when you really mean 'the resident hair molester'. U know its true! LOL! But, if u got those magic digits, do what you do! Thanks for the love!

Seriously considering no length straightening until Jan '13 and continue ps'ing and vits. It would be awesome to start in the NY with MBL hair on to WSL!

I owe this thread a pic of my plaitout, but its gonna be huge bc Photobucket been acting simple. No, I'm trying again.

Hope the other ladies r doing well too!
bweave_itn08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 2:11pm

hi ladies,

I've been rocking an afro puff for the last week.  Cant wait til September/October to rock my wig.. wooo
Sapphire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 8:40pm
I have been rocking a twist updo since July 22. About a week and a half ago, I took down the back and sides and twisted them into individual twists. Prob will wash my hair tomorrow. I will be back with pics.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2012 at 8:51am
Last night I took down my Princess Leah buns that were my ps of choice for two weeks. This week I'm rocking another plaitout. So, I sectioned my hair, lightly misted each section with Mane and Tail Detangler, finger detangled and followed up with my wide toothed comb. I then applied a 2 nickel sized amounts of Suvave Natural Ocean Breeze Condish to each section. Then applied a small amount of Eco Klear and sealed with Blue Magic Coconut Grease to each section and plaited. Lastly, I rolled the ends on sponge rollers and scarfed. I'll prolly release later on.

Its soo funny the amount of shed hair that I loose now. Its really minimal compared to my shorter lengths. I guess my reggie of simplicity really agrees with Cleo. It sure does for meLOLWink!

HHG LADIESStar
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2012 at 11:46am
LoL, LUV, I figured you already knew I am a the resident molester since you've been hip to my game from the beginning. LoL

IA w/your PS till '13 strategy.  I wanna do the same and think I will.  But I'll have to time my takedowns with my challenge check ins cause I wanna remain accountable.

These mini braids are holding up, given how much I wash and water rinse them.  I think I'll throw a wig over them next week and that'll take me to 3 weeks. 

I hope you ladies are growing well!!
GoldenCherry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 6:28pm
Hey ladies i put in some long kinky twists, we'll see how long i can keep them in. 
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2012 at 8:02pm
Oooh, twist extensions...
Nope, I said no more for this year!  Ok, do I freshen up this set of mini braids or switch over to cornrows and wigs? Hmm...

The more I think about it, I'm gonna go back to my wigs.  Definitely a good PS for me and I get the freedom to rock big hair on the weekends if I want to.  Because my wigs are short, I'll save time since I won't have to do too much daily prepping. 

Yup, mind's made up.  Thanks ladies!  You rock! LoL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 4:47pm
Lol@ Swifty! Yeah, I know ya true colors!

As much as I want to see my length and officially claim MBL, I'm gonna hold off til the New Year. I wanna squeeze out as much growth as I can. Plus, I've had MBL dreams burst. But, unofficially, I am MBL this time! So, bback to my buns and vits. Bye, bye plaitouts(well maybe on the weekends- lol)
mskraizy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 11:06pm
Man, this is definitely one thread I have NOT been keeping updated. You ladies like you're still trucking along!!! Can't believe a 3 month challenge turned into an all-year thing but hey, the more the better!

I'm about to go back into lockdown mode as well. Well, kinda, just sick of dealing with my fussy coils.....actually, let me stop that. Cause Nelly hasn't really been disobedient at all. I've started 80% finger detangling and when I do comb I use a wide tooth comb. Trying to get into that habit but it seems like I shed pretty much the same amount. The only thing I see with finger detangling is that my coils define much better than completely obliterating them with a comb or brush. I've had no desire to manipulate my hair whatsoever these days. It's been about a good month since I've done a style PERIOD. Besides one twist set, Nelly has been chilling in either four big braids underneath some kinda scarf or a wet bun. Wet buns are slowly but surely becoming a favorite and I have LUV to thank for that!!! Actually, I just like playing with my hair loose in the shower. I haven't done that in years and can't believe I'm doing it NOW!!!

With all this chilled-ness, I have made it to my goal of BSL (I think). It's on my bra strap now (probably won't be tomorrow) but I'm trying to get out of length obsession and just let Nelly do what it do. I mean she's growing and I'm retaining, can't be too mad at that right? Cause last year she didn't progress an INCH! I think I'm gonna be doing some braid extensions or possibly mini braids cause I just love how Swifts look! But yeah, won't be seeing too much of Nelly round here anymore....at least until the end of the year.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 98>
  Share Topic