Author
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prosperity in Afflictions
    Posted: Nov 13 2007 at 9:24am

Today's Prayer 
November 13, 2007

God, I believe You are using circumstances and events to move me into a place of patient waiting as You put me in the place You desire for me. Help my soul to mature, my faith to grow, my life to be more pure and dedicated to You. James 1:2-4 tells me, "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." Lord, I praise You in the midst of it all--my special trials and daily challenges--knowing that I must learn to be patient and content as I wait upon You. Thank You for being with me through every trial, every day. In Jesus' name I pray, amen

Prosperity in Afflictions
TGIF Today God Is First, by Os Hillman

The second son he named Ephraim and said, "It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering." - Genesis 41:52

When Joseph was elevated to rule over the Egyptian kingdom, he revealed some profound truths gained from the experiences of his years of adversity. He named his first son, Manasseh for, he said, "God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father's household" (Gen. 41:51b). His second son was named Ephraim because, "God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering."

Whenever God takes us through the land of affliction, He will do two things through that affliction: 1) He will bring such healing that we will be able to forget the pain, and 2) He will make us fruitful from the painful experiences.

God does not waste our afflictions if we allow Him the freedom to complete the work in us. His desire is to create virtue that remains during the times of testing so that He can bring us into the place of fruitfulness in the very area of our testing. He has never promised to keep us from entering the valleys of testing, but He has promised to make us fruitful in them. He is the God who turns the Valley of Achor (trouble) into a door of hope (see Hos. 2:15).

If you are in the valley of affliction, now is the time to press into Him. When the time comes to bring you out of this valley, He will heal your memories and bring fruit from this very time.

Sponsored Links

Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2007 at 9:51am

Clap Nella,thanks for posting this!

Thank you Jesus no matter what!

Edited by Zuriel - Nov 13 2007 at 7:51pm
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2007 at 10:12am
Thank you God! and  thank you Nella.
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2007 at 10:30am

You're welcome ladies, for we know that the Lord has everything under his control. Heart

Aunatural77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2007 at 12:04pm
The prayer is right on time and the scripture commentary about afflictions and what and how God uses them when we go thru them is amazing and uplifting.

Thanks for sharing Nella!Heart
Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2008 at 7:49pm
Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair