Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Propaganda ? US Schools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:47pm
smh

I'm so glad you're looking over your children's reading material

More Black parents need to be aware of what 'knowledge' the school system is pumping into their children's precious lil heads

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jan 14 2013 at 6:47pm
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Things like this is the reason why my hubby-to-be and I be going back and forth with home schooling vs attending school.

Aint nobody got time to deprogram the chilrun when coming from school and trying to get their minds right smh.

It takes time to do as well.

We finally got the whole Christopher Columbus thing straight. Working on the whole Abe Lincoln and slave since it's part of his history book this year.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:48pm
american history books aren't culturally sensitive. 
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:57pm
His/Her teacher didn't pick out the book..... or chose the curriculum 
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Rum,

Check the copyright info
Where was this text book published? What company published it?

I bet ya it was in Texas

doesn't TX essentially dictate the school textbook sector? smdh.
whenever i talk to anyone from there they told me they took Texas History at least 3 times 

yes, b/c they are the largest textbook purchasers. texans have a huge influence over what is included in textbooks and lots of $$ to throw in for lobbying.

so it doesn't matter if you live in NY or CA or even N.Dakota, chances are the information included in a school textbook is a direct influence of TX
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

Very true.

But, I want to know what she is going to teach the class in response to this. Is this going to be a one sided lesson or que ?

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Rum,

Check the copyright info
Where was this text book published? What company published it?

I bet ya it was in Texas

doesn't TX essentially dictate the school textbook sector? smdh.
whenever i talk to anyone from there they told me they took Texas History at least 3 times 

yes, b/c they are the largest textbook purchasers. texans have a huge influence over what is included in textbooks and lots of $$ to throw in for lobbying.

so it doesn't matter if you live in NY or CA or even N.Dakota, chances are the information included in a school textbook is a direct influence of TX

I remember watching a special about this and how they would revise history books yearly. At times thet would even "correct" or change the wording to make it more Christian.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:06pm
Most publishing companies are owned by "Jews".  Same with U.S. media.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 8:42am
Propaganda? Definately, yes.

New? Unfortunately, no.

I'm not surprised because this has been happening for a long-time and the saying "Winners write history" is very true.

Kinda a tangent, but this is why Colombus, a white boy who got lost in what he thought was 'India' and performed a 'genocidal cleansing' of an entire land and its ppl, is still praised by many textbooks today.

Another reason I will homeschool my kids. I don't want them to have this sugar-coated, biased, untrue, eurocentric education.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

This. If you want the right person to hear you should go higher.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic