Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedProfessional Black Men...Commodity??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
313mommy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Professional Black Men...Commodity??
    Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 1:23pm
Ok, before you make inferences based on the title...hear me out!Wink My bff and I were talking the other day about her relationship struggles. Based on her personal standards, she mainly dates professional black men. She has a very catering but independent personality. For some reason, she finds it difficult to establish successful relationships with professional black men. She feels that, they feel as if they are a commodity. Apparently, many of the men she has dated have made it a point to tell her that although she is a great catch, that they still date other women, but eventually want to get married someday. When asked if the other women are aware of this they confirm that in fact all of them are. She has decided that professional black men view themselves as a commodity because they are so few and far between and use this vision as a means to validate their whorishness (sp?). What do yall think...do professional or succesful balck men view themselves as a commodity or do we as black women cater to them because they are???

Sponsored Links

thegirlof1983 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 2:24pm
yes they do!!!! they have oprah telling them that 70% of black women are single. so they feel that the world of women all colors and shapes are longing for them. the problem is that when they look up they find out the principle is that there are lots of women. not necessarily good or compatible women  for them. so they enter their 30's, then 40's being whores and the good (smart)  women have moved on with their lives.

ps.
tell your friend to quit catering to men. that is surely a good way to lose one. men dont care about the girl thats calling... they worried about the one thats not!!!!

313mommy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 2:38pm
Yeah..I know, but catering is literally apart of who she is...she does it with her friends too...always the one to go above and beyond!!
WorkInProgress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 3:03pm
ITA. Since (black) women largely out number (black) men in college, I think they feel this gives them right to treat women however they want beacuse they know there are many more women to chose from. Its so hard to get a guy to take you out, but so easy to find a man that is willing to sleep with you.

(I put black in () beacuse women out number men in  colleges, so this can be applied to  all races. the differences  is more apparent with blacks)
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 3:18pm
yup and who could blame them? if i were a black man i wouldn't settle down either. i had a friend tell me that yeah he loves his gf but at the end of the day she was another girl and he was a college educated black man going to grad school.

but he got his: she dumped his ass and he's heartbroken.
313mommy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 3:41pm
I just think it's disheartening, considering the state of black america today. It would seem as if educated black men would be more apt to WANT to do the right thing to contribute to a more positive perception of our culture for younger generations...but I also feel that black women are also to blame, because if we didn't tolerate this type of behavior then it would be almost non-existent...just a d@mn shame either way you slice it!
Deelight View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by WorkInProgress WorkInProgress wrote:

ITA. Since (black) women largely out number (black) men in college, I think they feel this gives them right to treat women however they want beacuse they know there are many more women to chose from. Its so hard to get a guy to take you out, but so easy to find a man that is willing to sleep with you.

(I put black in () beacuse women out number men in  colleges, so this can be applied to  all races. the differences  is more apparent with blacks)

ITA.  
Malika View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 8:16pm

The majority of educated non-black women around me usually date or seek white/non-black men, dating black men isn’t priority for them; only in the black community do I see black men upheld as a hot commodity. Also, Black men are just simply more open minded to dating IR – they will not wait around for a black woman- they will date what is available. This makes it appear as if they are a hot commodity because may she be black, white etc…they’re always ‘taken’ because they make themselves available to ALL that Is available - the more open you the more you’ll find. Then you have several educated black women who are waiting around single and desperate complaining about the short pickings of black males- unwilling to “venture out”. If more of these single black women were open to dating IR, then that “70%” margin wouldn’t exist, and it would appear that WE are a hot commodity because we are open to explore and are most likely taken. There will never be a shortage of men.

Then you have talk shows, news articles, magazines, radio discussions, media etc..all broadcasting the disturbing statistics of the state black women and marriage. The whole world is watching, including black men. I’ve even seen threads regarding black women giving up everything and traveling (by plane) to these “hot spots” to find a black man, some were even discussions the cheapest airline tickets. Obsession or strong willed ..whatever you call it, there are black women who are determined to find a black man, even if it costs years preservation and waiting, the world including black men are watching this, and negative or positive some of these men are using it to their complete advantage.IMO

Ebony B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2008 at 5:49am
Its the same over here in the UK. When you have white guys saying to you that they cant believe that black men dont treat thier women right...is so embarrassing. When you have black guys saying to you 'well i know that you're finding it hard to keep a man' and I would ask them what has given them that impression and they would say 'well where is he then?'. Ummm.
MzNubian3000 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2008 at 6:02pm

I think a professional black man is a Commodity....a hot one at that....

I think the attitude of some prof. blk men is that "hey they are so many women who are looking for type and so few blk men who fit that image"  they know they are a hot commodity..why settle.  Not all think like this.  But hey.....Black women are holding out for that good black man.....to sweap us off of our feet.  And unfortunately, it aint happening at lightning speed, more like iceberg melting speed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic