Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products to weigh down your curls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Mianna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Adaezotron Adaezotron wrote:

Ecostyler with an aloe vera/glycerin/coconut oil spritz.
my hair looks like totally different hair, i get 1-2 more inches out of my hair.

the problem is, it never ever ever dries.Cry

Do you mix all of that together with water and then spray the hair? If not, how do you apply it?
Sponsored Links

Missmeteor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missmeteor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 6:54pm

Shea Butter mixed with coconut oil and then castor oil on wet hair works marvels for me,  if I put it in braids or twists overnight , it's definetely down the morning after.

9osZBehbi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9osZBehbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 9:23pm
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 1:07pm
bump. I love the weigh my curls look when I put a rinse in it. the curls are weighed down and defined. What products are out there that can help me achieve this.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 7:59am
Depending on your length you could try stretching your hair by putting it in a low pony or bun once it's dry yet moisturized and then taking it down after 20 minutes or so.

Not sure about the products.

Maybe a gel with a stronger hold?
But I think that might end up giving the curls very defined yet crunchy look and I am not even sure if it will actually weigh down the curls, so I guess it depends on what look you're going for.

There will be shrinkage regardless, unless the hair is wet or stretched, so I think the best bet is by stretching the hair, that will weigh down the curls. Only other method of stretching I've heard of is banding and threading, but those are time consuming if you're looking for a solution that doesn't take too long.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 7:51pm
Gel and water alone don't weigh my hair down enough but Shea Moisture curling souffle does it.  On a wash and go I take my very damp hair, section off and shingle in the product.  I get the best "weight" if I use the curling souffle on a twist out.  I love my Eco gel but I hate the crunchiness even I add oil

I have very fine hair and from what I've read and seen most products should weigh my hair down but that has not been my experience.  
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 11:08pm
Shea butter
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Shea butter
this! with an oil.
Queentia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queentia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 3:59pm
I vote on Shea Butter as well and castor oil.
BronxJazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BronxJazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:32am
applying gel first and then a little conditioner really stretched my hair and made it hang without making it look flat and lifeless.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic