Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Product Review - Aubrey Honeysuckle and Rose SH/CD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Product Review - Aubrey Honeysuckle and Rose SH/CD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Review - Aubrey Honeysuckle and Rose SH/CD
    Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 2:31pm
Two words: GET IT!

I ran across a blog yesterday evening detailing the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. After reading the raving review, I did an online search for other reviews to corroborate the first one. I found tons of them LOL. Inspired, I trolled Amazon and  Vitacost at 2am to place an order lol.

Anywho, I woke up today and went product junkie shopping (don't judge me Stern%20Smile). I went to The Vitamin Shoppe, and lo and behold, I SAW THE PRODUCTS! I grabbed the shampoo and conditioner, pushed a little old woman out of the way and jumped over a 2 year old in my haste to reach the register. The total was about $17 or so (not bad!)...and I sped home to wash my hair (it is 90 degrees here today...my hair had been sweating as I had been out for 4 hours trolling for products lol).

The products smell great, and  A LITTLE BIT GOES A LONG WAY Shocked! I had read that the shampoo doesn't lather due to it not containing any sodium laureth sulfate, but I actually had quite a bit of lather in my head (I'm special).

I immediately noticed that my hair felt stripped...it felt completely naked, and so clean that it actually squeaked ConfusedLOLOuchBig%20smile...seriously Stern%20Smile. It really did squeak.

I began to doubt the conditioner at this point. Surely it would have to do a dang good job at moisturizing my hair since it is so...well...bare. I thoughts that since the shampoo had pretty much eliminated any 'oil' or softness from my hair, that the conditioner would simply not be able to replenish any moisture or softness. I cried a little, but pressed on.

I rinsed my hair.

I used a small (nickle amount, first) amount of the conditioner. I felt my heart stop as it touched my hair LOLLOLLOL.

This.stuff.is.the.bomb.diggidy.

OMG...the conditioner...it was like magic. Somehow, this little bit of conditioner not only slid across the bulk of my hair, but I could feel it working instantly. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. I enjoyed the experience so much that I added a quarter size amount of conditioner to my hand and began playfully slapping it into my head LOL. I was giggling and kicking my heels in the shower, enjoying the feeling of not only soft hair, but deeply moisturized hair. I rinsed, and my hair retained the moisture.

The best way I can describe the way these two products work in unison would be akin to Velcro...the shampoo being the loops, and the conditioner the hooks that attach to the loops.

These products are number 1 on my list...and seriously, I'm throwing my other shampoo's away.

Get it.

Shampoo Ingredients: Deionized Water, Coconut Oil-Corn Oil Soap, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (made from organic, non-GMO soybeans), Organic Aloe Vera, Carrageenan, Honeysuckle Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Ginkgo, Ginseng, Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Magnolia, Horsetail, Coltsfoot and Forsythia; Vegetable Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Conditioner Ingredients: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Edited by Organic - Jun 08 2010 at 10:55am
Sponsored Links

Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 2:34pm
...oh, and my hair smells so good LOL.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 6:23pm
ah, this is great to hear.... i am thinking of trying it...folks have been raving abt it in diff threads.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 6:26pm
Ive been dying to try this...
Kasmile86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kasmile86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2010 at 3:00pm
I like this combo.  I have been using the shampoo since the beginning of my natural journey (september 09) and it stripped my hair.  About a month ago I finally purchased the conditioner and using them together is wonderful.  Also I enjoy getting wifts of my hair smelling the combo as I walk down the street.
danniekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danniekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 8:47am
Thumbs%20Up  Yes the conditioner is definitely one of my staple products.  I Heart it!!!
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Kasmile86 Kasmile86 wrote:

I like this combo.  I have been using the shampoo since the beginning of my natural journey (september 09) and it stripped my hair.  About a month ago I finally purchased the conditioner and using them together is wonderful.  Also I enjoy getting wifts of my hair smelling the combo as I walk down the street.

LOL Ditto. I let my s/o use some, and he asked if bees would be following him around. It made his hair soft, too...and his hair is extremely dry.

BHM has changed the state of his hair. He saw me using coconut oil one day, so he went out and made his own concoction of organic coconut oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, and something else that I can't remember. It works SO good, and his scalp is flake-free...his hair looks a lot healthier now as well. His combo stinks,  but it works good.
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by danniekay danniekay wrote:

Thumbs%20Up  Yes the conditioner is definitely one of my staple products.  I Heart it!!!

Hey, Dannie!

Does it leave a white film on your hair? Maybe it's just me, but I don't rinse all the conditioner out (I keep some in to keep my hair moisturized)...but I get build-up immediately. It could be my sealants, though...I'm still learning how to wash, condition, moisturize, and seal.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:52am

does the condi have 'cones in it?

Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Ive been dying to try this...

You have to try it...this stuff is amazing. I've honestly never felt any conditioner like it before...not even Nexxus Humectress can touch it LOL.

It's so heavy and thick that if you turn the bottle upside down, the conditioner will not come out. I was fighting like heck slamming the bottle againt my hand middle to force some out, and the bottle is completely full LOL. Just a tad goes a long way, and it has excellent slip.

...I've washed and conditioned my hair every day since Saturday Stern%20Smile. I've never been this happy about a hair product before...ConfusedConfusedConfusedOuch.

LAWD I can't wait til my Qhemet items reach!!! *weeeeeeee*
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic