Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedProcedure After Taking Out Braids..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
PRETTYTEIA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Procedure After Taking Out Braids..
    Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 12:03pm
Hello again ladies, i am now taking out a sew-in that Ive had in for one month....For the past month I have been moisturizing daily with scurl and surge and just recently (past 10 days) I have been using sulfur8and mn daily at night. OK now the bad news---I have not washed or conditioned for the entire life of my sew in (1month).  It was looking way tooo cute and I was being lazy and didnt want to deal with detangling the weave and getting it to lay right.  I have soooo much growth but what should I do now, I was thinking of clarifying, then deep deep deep conditioning then my reg. routine then after a week doing an aphogee treatment....I plan on taking a 2 week break and weaving up again tho.....Please let me know the proper procedure to nurse my hair back due to my lack of washing and deep conditioning for 1 entire monthDead 
Sponsored Links

samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 3:51pm
ok - We have all been there...
But - it is still yucky .

What I would do is use olive oil and in undoing my braids - coat my hair with the olive oil. it should help with detangling, ansd then follow your normal routine.
( hey you can even do a hot oil treatment at that point!!!)
Hope that is helpful!

Edited by samanthajones67 - Oct 16 2007 at 3:52pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 8:46pm
Thanks Samanthajones...I soaked my entire head with olive oil to undo my braids, close to no tangles-- then I washed with CON moisturizing and Deep Conditioned with cholestrol with evoo added (couldnt find any peppermint oil)....Thanks so much.....You suggested doing a hot oil treatment  (I have never done one before)Stern%20Smile--how do I go about doing one what are the benefits and how often should I do so.  Also how soon after taking out my braids should I use Aphogee treatment(for damaged hair/heavy protein)?  Samantha thanks again for all your help it is very greatly appreciatedHug 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 11:20pm
Well

HOT ( Hot oil Treatments) are super easy to do

You coat your hair with the oil of your choice. Put on Saran Wrap or a plastic bag......then either - use a wet hot towel( you can heat the towel in the microwave ) or use a heating cap - ( I have on one in my fotki...)
And then leave that on for 30 mins to an hour - Your hair will thank you!!!

SJ

I guess you can do them as often as you like - before shampooing. it depends on if your hair likes oils :)

Aphogee- I don't know much about - but how damamged is your hair?????
It may not need a heavy treatment - I can tell you that For CERTAIN - it needs moisture.... Because it has been water starved.

HTH
***hugging back***

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 11:55pm
Water Starved/ Definately DehydratedDead.....Well I think Im gonna lay off of the aphogee/heavy protein for now and maybe co-wash every 2days for the next 2 weeks so that I can get some needed moisture.....Im gonna also do the hot oil treatment and see if does my air any good....Thanks again Samantha J Big%20smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 6:31pm
you got it!!!
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2007 at 9:15pm
What I do is I wash with a Tresemmee (sp?) clarifying shampoo (careful, its gonna get REAL nappy), them mix some regular bss hot six oil (theres like 1000 brands, a bottle costs about $3) with some generic cholesterol conditioner (probably about $4) and slap ALL over my head. Its cheap so I use a lot. If I have time I leave it on for about 30 but if not 5 mins will do the trick. After you wash it out it is soooooo soft and silky and most importantly, easy to blow dry!!!
bria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 12:28am
Hi everyone, i  have a question i didn't know where to ask it. Its for anyone who is familar with invisible braids. I need to know how long your hair should be to get them, is there  such a thing as having your hair too long? my hair is shoulder length ,and  a freind of mine said my hair may be too long for invisible braids because my real hair will begin to show through the loose weave. Should your hair be shorter for invisible braids? i thinking about getting curly hair for my braids but i may switch to straight if there is a possibility that my real hair will show too much. please help . thanks.
naturalchica View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2007 at 10:25am
ive been wearing braids ever since i transitioned in 2005 and i've done was before i washed it put conditioner on it before i washed it then washed it put more conditioner on it and you moisture max hair lotion on it twisted it up and let it air dry. then for a week moisturized it before i go to bed. but then i also washed my hair like 3 times a week cause i would be greasy. but i do that and my hair never breaks off
meanie23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 11:47pm
Hello Ladies
Since most of you are recommending co washing/wetting the hair before you comb it out after having braids in what about the residue knots/balls.  In my experience if you don't get those out of your hair before it is wet they help take out a lot of your hair b/c your hair is tangled up in them. 
Please advise
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic